Author Topic: Big Kato Announcement Coming????  (Read 30706 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »
0
BTW - the UP 7400  ES44AC being unveiled next week is the "Pink Ribbon" locomotive, commemorating UP's partnership with the Susan B. Komen for the Cure and Breast Cancer Awareness.

Just wanted to set the record straight, since I had posted an incorrect rumor before...



So that why the NMRA change there logo.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2010, 04:15:31 PM »
0
I HEART -

central.vermont

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2627
  • Gender: Male
  • Jon
  • Respect: +148
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »
0
I think Lee got it right back in July!!!! ;D ;D
Jon


Maybe it would clear things up if they made the logo look like a full freight truck...



mmm.  Maybe not.

Could it be that no one saw the problem because the members of the NMRA have never seen....  the problem?

Atlanticflier

  • Guest
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
0
I was just reading to see what's new !     ::)

LOL -that is Fun ney.....

Mr. G

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 202
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
0
Say what you will, I still like it better than the old NMRA logo.  More modern is not a bad thing.

Drunkenly swerving back to the topic, I'm wondering if this is going to be an American Freedom Train set. 
  • They have the GS-4.
  • They obviously think this is a big announcement, so probably not something like a new run of something old
  • It would likely be a darling with collectors
Quote from: TiVoPrince
Everything blends.  Just a general rule of model railroading...

James Costello

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1956
  • Respect: +535
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
0
To Be Announced at iHobby?
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »
0
To Be Announced at iHobby?

That's the rumor.

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »
0
Geez, still 25 days to go. Waiting for iHobby is like waiting for Windows Phone 7... it can't get here quick enough.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
0
Say what you will, I still like it better than the old NMRA logo.  More modern is not a bad thing.

Drunkenly swerving back to the topic, I'm wondering if this is going to be an American Freedom Train set. 
  • They have the GS-4.
  • They obviously think this is a big announcement, so probably not something like a new run of something old
  • It would likely be a darling with collectors

That would be a logical project but "big announcement"...? I guess the collectors would go nuts but talk about limiting your audience.... it's got as very "calendar-ish" appeal......well; their last "big announcement" was the NYC RDC with B47 jet pack so who knows......................... ;D
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »
0
Maybe an add-on set to their announced PC passenger train  ::). They have a lot of eastern stuff coming. Interesting to see what they have up their sleeves.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
0
I'm still going with it being a doll house.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2010, 04:43:29 AM »
0
Kato seems to be having a big love-in with Amtrak on their site, since it's the latter's 40th birthday, I'm changing my vote to it being something from the NEC. An Acela would fit right in with Kato's Japanese Shikansens.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
0
But Bachmann is the official licensee of the Acela...  My vote goes to an AEM7, if Amtrak is indeed the topic at hand.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

conrail98

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1462
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »
0
But Bachmann is the official licensee of the Acela...  My vote goes to an AEM7, if Amtrak is indeed the topic at hand.

Lee

Exactly, if they are going to go with a new locomotive and looking at how they've progressed from a timeline standpoint, the next logical is an AEM7. If they do come out with this, I may have to rethink everything with the layout as the first area I always wanted to model was Morrisville/Trenton area, but the lack of decent and appropriate electrics always prevented that,

Phil
- Phil

victor miranda

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1604
  • Respect: +2
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:35 AM »
0
in both keeping with Kato passenger sets and
it being a BIG announcement....
and otherwise being completely out of the west coast...

any one think the Southern Heavy Pacific and a matching stack of cars?

victor