Author Topic: Big Kato Announcement Coming????  (Read 30703 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
0
I think if you need to delete every third letter in the email, then reverse the order of the remaining letters. then get out your secret decoder ring, you will find the real announcement.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »
0
I am so sick and tired of Kato's east coast bias.  They really need to expand.  Ever hear of the UP, BNSF, AT&SF, BN, CB&Q, GN or a host of others!!!!!! :o
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
0
Quote
I think if you need to delete every third letter in the email, then reverse the order of the remaining letters. then get out your secret decoder ring, you will find the real announcement

I'm afraid we would have a stupid Ovaltine ad.  :o

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 09:11:06 PM »
0
I am so sick and tired of Kato's east coast bias.  They really need to expand.  Ever hear of the UP, BNSF, AT&SF, BN, CB&Q, GN or a host of others!!!!!! :o

Here, here !!!!!(or is it "hear hear"... I always forget)..................get with the western roads I say......enough PC, WM, NYC, PRR, B&O and other riff raff...................I mean, we all know that the only REAL railroading is WESTERN RAILROADING..... when will the western roads get a fair shake from this "Empire of the East"...............................enough I say !!!!! ;D

Man, did that feel good !  ;D
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Respect: +2639
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 11:14:42 PM »
0
An AEM7 makes sense, especially if it were linked to a new line of 4-track Unitrack with (removable) PRR style catenary.   8) 

A flashy passenger train with a new steam engine is about the only other things that could qualify as a 'doozy' in my mind.

-gfh

Mr. G

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 202
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »
0
An AEM7 makes sense, especially if it were linked to a new line of 4-track Unitrack with (removable) PRR style catenary.   8) 

A flashy passenger train with a new steam engine is about the only other things that could qualify as a 'doozy' in my mind.

-gfh


I could definitely see a new passenger engine and cars being the release.  As much as it pains me to say it, I really can't see a switcher being hyped as a "doozy".  What frustrates me is that I have very little use for a passenger set.  They're fun and cool looking, but for actual use, I would really like to see more freight equipment, even though I know it doesn't attract the collectors in the same way.
Quote from: TiVoPrince
Everything blends.  Just a general rule of model railroading...

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 12:44:49 AM »
0
Well if " make a Doozy " it's a double edged sward if it's a flub . Then again what Kato was ever a failure ? They have the GG1 chassis , and that big Japanese box cab . Maybe an American version of that .  

http://www.3rdrail.com/images/nycp2electric.jpg
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:49:51 AM by up1950s »


Richie Dost

keystonecrossings

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 590
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
    • Middle Division Musings
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 06:44:15 AM »
0
Maybe they'll do the PRR Mountains that PCM never built?  ???
Jerry Britton, PRRT&HS #6111
PRR Middle Division in HO Scale - http://jbritton.pennsyrr.com
Keystone Crossings - http://pennsyrr.com

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
0
Actually, here's the scoop...

It's an entirely new line of custom undecorated models - Kato Kobo-II . Each model is
hand undecorated using the perfect combination of secret solvents and brushing techniques.

Direct only, at a 40% premium over decorated models.

altohorn25

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 958
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4524
    • Mini Mod u Trak
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
0
Now that's kinda funny.  ;)

Nate
Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

Roger Holmes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1270
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +739
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 11:05:24 AM »
0
If it's truly a "Doozy" then maybe it's this 1927 model since that's where the slang word came from.

http://a2.pbase.com/v3/93/235893/4/46090223.ACDmuseum12.jpg
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
0
Wow, a Kato tease using archaic language ... gosh!


Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »
0
I'm afraid we would have a stupid Ovaltine ad.  :o

[Raphie]Don't forget to drink...your...Ovaltine...[/Ralphie]
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »
0
[Raphie]Don't forget to drink...your...Ovaltine...[/Ralphie]

A crummy commercial? Son of a b*tch!


ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2010, 11:24:33 PM »
0
BTW - the UP 7400  ES44AC being unveiled next week is the "Pink Ribbon" locomotive, commemorating UP's partnership with the Susan B. Komen for the Cure and Breast Cancer Awareness.

Just wanted to set the record straight, since I had posted an incorrect rumor before...