Author Topic: 2014 Showcase Miniatures Vehicles starting line up  (Read 2487 times)

JoeW

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • N Layout list
2014 Showcase Miniatures Vehicles starting line up
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:35:08 PM »
Walter has put together a selection of four new truck packages.  These new offerings include a tandem dump and some new utility bed bodys.  The following are item numbers and brief description.  They were produced by recommendations that some of you here on this group made.  http://www.showcaseminiatures.net/vehicles.html
#53  Day Cab Equipment Service Truck
#54  Crew Cab Equipment Service Truck
#55  Short Bed Dump Truck (single or tandem axle)
#56  Tractor (single or tandem axle)
Truck Parts
Because Lou Judice had suggested over on our Facebook page that we offer some of the high rail vehicles equipment separately.   I realized that I may have not ever announced the availability of the parts separately. The collection of parts kind of came together over time rather than all at once.  But the idea to offer the parts seperately was the results of seeing an interest in building custom trucks on the Yahoo groups N scale vehicle association.  Apparently this was the brainchild of Daniel Levitt that’s according to Carter the founder and moderator of the group.  I haven’t made contact with Daniel yet I am hoping he still intends to keep this going.  Maybe he’ll sees this post and responds with confirmation and more information about it.  None the less though if you have an interest in building your own idea of truck we have put together a selection of separate parts just for that purpose.  This page http://www.showcaseminiatures.net/vehicle-details.html of our website is dedicated to the custom builder.  There are optional wheels, mirrors, tool boxes, cranes and etc.

If you are not intimately familiar with our website please click over http://www.showcaseminiatures.net/ and take a closer look. I bet you will find a lot of parts you didn’t know existed or were available in N, HO scale or Z scale.  Last year we added a significant amount of custom parts.   Showcase Miniatures website is like the old peg board full of detail parts that you used to love to find at the local hobby shop. To top it off Walter and Debbie are some of the most friendly people you will ever meet.  If you're not sure ask someone who has dealt with them and then give them a try.

BCR 570

• Crew
  • Respect: +855
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: 2014 Showcase Miniatures Vehicles starting line up
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 12:21:59 AM »
I recently ordered some of the mirrors, which can be used for a whole range of models by various manufacturers that don't come with them, and I also got the tool set (fuel tank, oil drum, welding tank, tool boxes, pail, etc) which has a lot of potential uses.

One part which would be useful to have would be a sprue of air horns for tractors - a lot of models don't have them.

Keep up the good work!

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca

PROPULDUDE

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
It would be nice if Showcase Miniatures would reissue the great Transition era vehicles like the GMC Beverage truck, The bakery truck etc..Remember your customers who don't model modern era too.  Thank You

JoeW

• Crew
    • N Layout list
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 02:47:46 PM »
I recently ordered some of the mirrors, which can be used for a whole range of models by various manufacturers that don't come with them, and I also got the tool set (fuel tank, oil drum, welding tank, tool boxes, pail, etc) which has a lot of potential uses.

One part which would be useful to have would be a sprue of air horns for tractors - a lot of models don't have them.

Keep up the good work!

Tim

Hey Tim
I hear your Air horns loud and clear I will pass it on to Walter.  Thanks for the comps they mean a lot to us right now.
JoeW

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +446
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
I'm impressed with the diversity of models that are emerging from this platform.  I was very pleased with my first unit (MOW truck) and I'm sure I build more of these neat models.  There is something about the solid metal that makes them seem more substantial despite the tiny size.

Keep up the great work!

JoeW

• Crew
    • N Layout list
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
It would be nice if Showcase Miniatures would reissue the great Transition era vehicles like the GMC Beverage truck, The bakery truck etc..Remember your customers who don't model modern era too.  Thank You

Hey Propuldude Thank You! Thank You!! You must be reading my mind on this transition era thing.  I see you only have 3 posts so I assume you are new here so I will welcome you and thank you for responding to my post.  I was looking for your name so I could properly introduce myself I hope you don’t mind me addressing you by your Railwire handle Propuldude.  Cool name what does that mean anyway.  Your Mom certainly didn't name you that did she?

Anyway I have been working on Walter about this for awhile, see my blog over at Showcase Miniatures http://www.showcaseminiatures.net/2/post/2013/06/big-train-show.html  What I have been telling him is he needs to get with the times (Transitional era) He has been listening to guys like Johnathan Edwards and Lou Judice and some of the others.  They are a bad influence if you ask me it might even be a conspiracy against us transitional folk.  Any way I will tell him about the beverage and bread truck you mentioned as a particularly transitional era request.  I want a N scale 1956 Nash Metropolitan really bad.  Maybe we can get together in Alabama and twist his arm until he says Transition Era.  Let me know what you think.
JoeW

PROPULDUDE

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »
Hi Joe,
   Thanks for your reply, and agreement. As to my name, I had a career in Spacecraft Propulsion..Thrusters and   lifting engines.  Take Care, Dave
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:32:47 PM by PROPULDUDE »

towl1996

• Crew
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +61
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »
Transition Era, if we're counting heads.
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »
I like being listened to,but I think some transition era stuff would be good for the guys that are into it. I'm just not one of them.How about some Dodges,Fords and some IH pick ups.Hope that dump box makes the seperate parts list.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +528
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 06:42:00 PM »
Hi Joe,
We had two Build-A-Truck events on the NSVA. The first one was successful and I think we had about a dozen participants. The second one, well not so much. I dropped the idea after the second attempt. Maybe it is time to revisit the challenge.

I'm glad to see some of the old molds being revisited. I always liked the dump bed as it made a perfect landscape truck. Your Loadstar will be featured in the display at the NSVA booth at the Springfield show next weekend, though the Kodiak MoW truck I have been working on will not be ready.
'In my great and unmatched wisdom'

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +132
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »
Great additions!!!   BTW, the mechanic's trucks are common on railroads as well to fix MOW machines and other equipment in the field!

- Lou

primavw

• Crew
  • "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
    • Nittany and Lock Haven HCD Layout
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:50 AM »
Thanks for getting some modern equipment out there! I'm so used to seeing 30's-50's style vehicles...
Modeling The Dark Horse

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/gogetta2ohsc

BCR 570

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
and twist his arm until he says Transition Era.  Let me know what you think.
JoeW

Lots of transition era vehicles from numerous manufacturers - this niche is currently well served; not very much for the 1960s/1970s/1980s which is what makes your recent International and Ford tractor releases so important and valuable.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca

BCR 570

• Crew
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »
Another tractor I would love to see in N Scale is the older 1960s/early 1970s Freightliner COE with the round headlights, with the option for a regular chassis and an extended chassis for the drom box a la Canadian Freightways and Consolidated Freightways.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +528
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 07:28:10 AM »
Yeah, I would love to see a short wheelbase Freightliner to go with my CF pup trailers. It is nice to see these modern/semi-modern vehicles. CMW and GHQ both have been focusing on transition era vehicles for years and it is nice to see someone working on other eras. It would be awesome to see some 60's-80's era Autocar or Brockway trucks. I think these were some of the most handsome and stately trucks ever to have been produced and would make great ready mix and dump trucks. You know what would be awesome? Some boat sized Lincolns and Caddys. Nothing would pin an era down more quickly than seeing a 19 foot long Eldorado or Continental.

The new International 4700 tractor kit is really good news for N scale as these were used extensively in beverage service and as power for LTL carriers such as Overnite, Roadway, Yellow and CF. I only wish that there were decals for all these schemes

I actually have had a tough time keeping up with all the new releases. Like Noah's Ark, I try to get two of everything: one to build and one to go into "the vault" for my reference collection. Some parts, like wheels and mirrors, I have ordered about half a dozen to modify and upgrade various projects.

I think these latest body styles should go well with the Loadstar cab, and I am curious if we will see these released with the older cab style. Showcase seems to be gravitating towards a modular truck design which is very beneficial to modelers. We can pick and choose just how we want our models to look, and each one will be vastly different.
'In my great and unmatched wisdom'