Author Topic: Doing stuff again.  (Read 7058 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2026, 04:22:03 PM »
+4
Well lookie here. I got it to work. Started up Sketchup 3 hours later and the new toolbar magically appeared.  :?


Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2026, 03:07:33 PM »
+6
Actual layout engineering. This bridge is from my HOn30 modeling. I also scaled it down to use on my Nn3 layout. But the drawings I used for it was for a road bridge. So here it is again as a road.


And a long view down this side of the layout.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2026, 04:19:34 PM by Chris333 »

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2026, 07:03:00 PM »
+6
Now it has a face.


Was freaking out for a minute because another photo of the same loco has the hinges on the other side. But that was back before it got it's tender sides cut down. I guess it was in an accident at one time.

I just resliced it at 0.020mm layers to get a better print.

robert3985

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3561
  • Respect: +1935
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2026, 08:33:37 PM »
0
Well lookie here. I got it to work. Started up Sketchup 3 hours later and the new toolbar magically appeared.  :?



What version of Sketchup do you have?

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2026, 08:47:00 PM »
+2
Pro2019 is the one I "found".  My AutoCAD is from 2004. Honestly it sucks as everyone else here says. 

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2026, 08:26:03 PM »
+3
So the 0.020mm print took 7.5 hours. No matter because I hit the button before going to work, came back and it was done. Here is what it looks like right off the printer (well I cleaned the dripping resin off)


BUT on this side only the steam dome has a flaw... There must be a spot on my FEP. So another print is needed.

Proof it runs.
/>
And I felt the farm needed a shed.


Still waiting for you guys to find me some Bluford corn  :)

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2026, 11:17:21 AM »
0

Still waiting for you guys to find me some Bluford corn  :)

What do you need? I've got 25 sprues (4 rows per) of autumn.

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12346
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8588
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2026, 12:37:09 PM »
+1
I’d hate to be the fireman on that engine.  :trollface:

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Jesse6669

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1083
  • Respect: +2765
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2026, 12:51:36 PM »
+1

And I felt the farm needed a shed.

To paraphrase The Dude: the shed really ties the scene together.   :D

That loco is turning out just fantastic.  And with such clear success printing the fine details on it, why not try printing the corn?  I want to see corn silk on the prints..

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2026, 04:17:36 PM »
0
What do you need? I've got 25 sprues (4 rows per) of autumn.

These lines are about 1/2" apart. If I put a row in-between them I would need about 48" inches of corn.


To the right it fades off behind the road. So I could get by with less if I needed to.



I’d hate to be the fireman on that engine.  :trollface:

DFF

Just using a Kato Mikado drawbar for testing. I bought a Bachmann 2-8-0 drawbar to fit in later.

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2026, 04:22:36 PM »
0
Printing corn would work if I could find a file. Cause ain't no way I can draw it. Also I would have to learn a new flexible resin and that doesn't sound like fun. Bluford corn is just a little stiffer than rubber.

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1515
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1375
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2026, 11:19:56 PM »
0
What about this HO corn scaled for N?  I'd say it's worth $5 to find out. 

https://buymeacoffee.com/gerben/e/510957

Aaron Bearden

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2026, 04:15:52 PM »
0
That looks good, but he never said what resin he used to be flexible.

I have some Bluford corn on the way.

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1515
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1375
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2026, 11:46:36 PM »
0
I double checked, and he says at 5:30 that he just used regular resin. 
Aaron Bearden

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Doing stuff again.
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2026, 08:49:56 AM »
0
You could print regular resin and just not do a final cure.  Not sure if it would take paint but it would be softer.