Author Topic: Weekend Update 1/31/21  (Read 8036 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dem34

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1883
  • Gender: Male
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1451
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 03:15:36 PM »
0
Yep... that “7” is clearly upside down.

Toss it, right outa here.
-Al

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5401
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2157
    • Modutrak
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 06:07:55 PM »
+25
While I miss Floquil and Scalecoat as much as the next guy, the fact that Trucolor sets in minutes with a little hot air means that multi color schemes take hours instead of days. Friday night these were PRR and Saturday morning CGW fully weathered and ready to run.
  [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Cue @wcfn100 for spotting car body phase issue.  But Oelwein didn’t have yard power before and now it does.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=670778

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35288
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6648
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 06:14:50 PM »
0
While I miss Floquil and Scalecoat as much as the next guy, the fact that Trucolor sets in minutes with a little hot air means that multi color schemes take hours instead of days. Friday night these were PRR and Saturday morning CGW fully weathered and ready to run.

Those locos look good Mike!

Scalecoat is still in business producing paints.  At  least I have not heard of their demise.  But I also have to agree that Tru-Color paints are the cat's meow!  They are just like my previous favorite paint: AccuPaint. When SMP Industries (AccuPaint producer) closed shop I stocked up on those paint (and still have a good supply), but it is great to see a very similar product being made by Tru-Color.  I hope they stick around for a long time.
. . . 42 . . .

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8945
  • Respect: +1381
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
0

Cue @wcfn100 for spotting car body phase issue.  But Oelwein didn’t have yard power before and now it does.



Spotting differences aside, those look great.  What decal did you use for the "as delivered scheme"?


Jason

garethashenden

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2333
  • Respect: +1825
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 06:43:30 PM »
+10
I made more progress on my bridge. The construction phase is done.


BOK

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 157
  • Respect: +35
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 07:08:23 PM »
0
Mike nice work. Whose (manufacturer) units are those two and are they DCC/sound?

I have a pair of older IC, decorated Life Like? engines which I would at least like to convert to DCC and would appreciate any info..

Thanks,

Barry

w neal

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1434
  • Respect: +483
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 07:16:56 PM »
+5
Unfinished, but I got a start on my LV locos to help soothe my pinning for Springfield this weekend. Not 100% accurate, but frankly Scarlett... Decals next. Then, I guess the grills need to be blackened. No Truscale here. Just crappy old Badgerflex, or whatever it is called these days. It doesn't quite match the color Rapido used, unfortunately, but I suppose thats what weathering is for...





« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:19:45 PM by w neal »
Buffering...

garethashenden

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2333
  • Respect: +1825
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »
0
Those locos look good Mike!

Scalecoat is still in business producing paints.  At  least I have not heard of their demise.  But I also have to agree that Tru-Color paints are the cat's meow!  They are just like my previous favorite paint: AccuPaint. When SMP Industries (AccuPaint producer) closed shop I stocked up on those paint (and still have a good supply), but it is great to see a very similar product being made by Tru-Color.  I hope they stick around for a long time.

Scalecoat are still in business, I received an order from them on Thursday. It did take a month to fulfil, but it did show up.

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5401
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2157
    • Modutrak
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »
0
Spotting differences aside, those look great.  What decal did you use for the "as delivered scheme"?


Jason

A mix of the old and new runs of Microscale decals. Old run for most of the stripes, as by 1966 this scheme would have been faded. The wings are from the new sheet which finally included them for switchers and RS-2’s. I had to adapt a section of GP-7 stripes for the switcher curve. They haven’t issued the right one yet.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2021, 08:38:48 PM »
+7
I made lots of sawdust today.  Still need to finish bulkhead on far wall to accommodate for upstairs plumbing access



Cajonpassfan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5398
  • Respect: +1973
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2021, 11:58:41 PM »
+1
I may have gone off the deep end, and started on this.
More on my LA Division Engineering thread...
Otto K.

EL3632

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 265
  • Respect: +216
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 12:17:37 AM »
+8
Finished installing sound in another RDC, also custom lettered for PRSL, and one of two operating RDCs on Cape May Seashore Lines, modeled as it appeared in service in the 1970's.
I want to believe this was the car I got a cab ride in. When I was a kid, I was able to get a cab ride on Cape May Seashore Lines between Cape May Court House and Cold Spring, this would have been in the early 2000s, and the operator even let me notch the car down!
Naturally, when I was able to get a custom PRSL RDC done for the first time, I chose M410 as I want to believe that was the car I got the cab ride in. My friend got M407, so either way both are represented.



eja

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1527
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +279
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 12:37:08 AM »
0
Beautiful.... hope you stopped in Winona on the way.

PRSL66

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 41
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +22
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 06:27:37 AM »
0
RDC fleet looks great!!

dem34

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1883
  • Gender: Male
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1451
Re: Weekend Update 1/31/21
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 09:20:28 AM »
+4
Spent last night building this... module... diorama ... over complicated staging cassette. Unrelated I ordered a Tie rack jig from fast tracks last night.🙃



-Al