Author Topic: June MTL releases announced  (Read 3036 times)

eja

• Crew
  • Respect: +92
Re: June MTL releases announced
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2020, 12:46:59 AM »
'Nade for me...  as usual.

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +190
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2020, 10:52:31 PM »
'Nade for me...  as usual.

Roll on July  :ashat:

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +70
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »
I hope that the All Tramps Sent Free mail train sold well.  I do not model ATSF, but, if it sold well, perhaps MT will issue more mail train runner packs.  One that comes to mind are B&O 29, 30 or 31.  Those were frequent subjects for Wm. Price's cameras.

Another one that comes to mind is the Interstate Express.  This would require cars in road names that MT does not currently offer:  Reading, Lackawanna and CNJ.  The baggage/mail that ran on this train was usually a CNJ car.  It is unusual that an RPO ran over foreign road tracks, but, CNJ usually supplied the mail car.  The MT car actually looks something like the CNJ car.  The coach or combine was usually a Lackawanna car.  I do not know if Lackawanna had a HW coach that looked anything like the B&O paired window or NYCS single window that MT currently offers.  MT does not currently offer a baggage passenger.  MT probably could fudge the Reading baggage cars if it put round roofs on what it offers, although some of Reading's round roofs were a bit more flat than the round roofs on other roads' cars.  Most of the Reading baggage cars were four wheel trucks, but, there were some six wheel. The Pullmans, until about 1953,  were 12-1s, which MT currently offers.  Between 1953 and 1956, or so, there was some other configuration of HW Pullmans, but, I do not know if MT offers those.  The Pullmans were gone totally by about 1956.   Throw in a New York Central or D&H baggage and an express car from a Western Road and you would have a pretty good copy.

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +246
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »
Yes, MTL could make a nice B&O mail train, 29, 30, 31 or 32 and even some second sections of passenger trains that became all head-end cars in some periods.

And, MTL could use both their 2 and 3-door baggage cars plus a rider paired-window coach.  The customers could add in some FVM wagon-top box cars painted blue.

And, for the serious modelers, there are also the converted troop carrier bunk cars (sides available) and the unique C-15 single-door baggage cars (need to scratch build those).