Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2020, 05:24:10 PM »
0
thanks. hope I can get the exhaust stacks to get her done.  that's a nice looking tow truck peteski.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
0
thanks. hope I can get the exhaust stacks to get her done.  that's a nice looking tow truck peteski.

Thanks ns737!  I have to dig through my stash of TWX parts to see if I have those, but I doubt. I bought a bunch of parts few years back, but I mostly got wheels and frames.

If you had some small thin-wall brass (or hypodermic) tubing and some wire, you could try making your own stacks (length of tubing would represent the muffler part with wire being the pipe.  Then paint it with Molotow Chrome pen for that shiny chrome look.

BTW, whenever I see your user name the first thing that comes to my mind is a Boeing 737.  I know it is not it, but I can't help it.  I'm sure it is something railroady, like Norfolk Southern 737.
. . . 42 . . .

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2020, 09:33:20 PM »
0
actually it was my  truck number and my handle was sixpack

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2020, 10:47:41 PM »
0
actually it was my  truck number and my handle was sixpack

Drats! Wrong again!  :D  It doesn't change what I see when I look at your user name, but now at least I know its origin.
So, was your nickname based on being physically fit, or your love of the hops-based alcoholic beverage (as those two are usually mutually exclusive). :D
. . . 42 . . .

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2020, 03:30:30 AM »
0
sorry nether one. me,my wife and 4 kids makes 6 ...( sixpack)

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2020, 05:19:21 AM »
0
sorry nether one. me,my wife and 4 kids makes 6 ...( sixpack)

LOL!
Another strike out for me.  :facepalm:  But now we all know the story behind your user name, and your nickname.   :)
. . . 42 . . .

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2020, 09:24:09 AM »
0
what are you going to do with the steel mill?

Eventually going on the trading post ..

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
0
I've spent the downtime renovating the "Baltimore" portion of the layout.  I came to the conclusion that I would never be able to do the steel mill any kind of justice in my lifetime .. so just like Sparrows Point, it was shut down and dismantled. Will replace it with an Amazon warehoue  :facepalm:

I was actually just over there yesterday. It was booming!

One thing that really stuck out was that while the Amazon warehouse doesn't have rail service (they get theirs via trailers drayed over from Seagirt and Lombard St), the Floor and Decor and Home Depot distribution centers did. In fact, even now, there were a bunch of empty center beams sitting outside the Home Depot one waiting for Tradepoint Rail to pick them up.

If you're looking for a good excuse to get out and still socially distance, I highly recommend taking a drive over there. It's not as cool as when it was a steel mill but there's still stuff to be seen and I bet it'd give you some good inspiration for the scene.

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12346
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8590
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2020, 10:25:09 AM »
0
In fact, even now, there were a bunch of empty center beams sitting outside the Home Depot one waiting for Tradepoint Rail to pick them up.

Whoa!  Keep NS away from those empty centerbeam flats!

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

jpec

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 862
  • Gender: Male
  • Perception and reality engage in a daily civil war
  • Respect: +177
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »
0
Whoa!  Keep NS away from those empty centerbeam flats!

DFF

Or just keep them off the Curve...they had a nice collection of them along the tree line last time I was up there...

Jeff
"trees are non-judgmental, and they won't abuse or betray you."- DKS

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4871
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2020, 11:20:13 AM »
0
Or just keep them off the Curve...they had a nice collection of them along the tree line last time I was up there...

Jeff

Nah, keep them away from them at all costs.  They strung a couple more on the Rockville bridge curve a couple weeks ago

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2020, 12:15:35 PM »
0
I was actually just over there yesterday. It was booming!

One thing that really stuck out was that while the Amazon warehouse doesn't have rail service (they get theirs via trailers drayed over from Seagirt and Lombard St), the Floor and Decor and Home Depot distribution centers did. In fact, even now, there were a bunch of empty center beams sitting outside the Home Depot one waiting for Tradepoint Rail to pick them up.

If you're looking for a good excuse to get out and still socially distance, I highly recommend taking a drive over there. It's not as cool as when it was a steel mill but there's still stuff to be seen and I bet it'd give you some good inspiration for the scene.

Unfortunately google and bing haven't caught up with new images of the area, but the warehouses for HD and F&D will be good candidates for backdrop buildings ..  There is also an opportunity for auto racks with the vehicle distribution facility .. and some other stuff in there ..

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2020, 01:16:14 PM »
0
Unfortunately google and bing haven't caught up with new images of the area, but the warehouses for HD and F&D will be good candidates for backdrop buildings ..  There is also an opportunity for auto racks with the vehicle distribution facility .. and some other stuff in there ..

Yep. Most definitely.

Like I said, it's totally worth the drive to go check it all out.

You can also see their pretty SW1500s too.

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2020, 03:31:05 PM »
+5
thank to peteski I was able to use the short duel exhaust stacks for my heave wrecker. and I put the long stacks on the silver T800 I was building. and the silver T800 is done.I am mixing paint to get the right red. for the wrecker body.


johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2020, 06:07:21 PM »
0
I started to wire up the yard today, I soldered all of the feeders and ran the main bus. I only got one set of tracks wired (the main) before I ran out of connectors.