Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54498 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2020, 08:06:43 PM »
0
thank to peteski I was able to use the short duel exhaust stacks for my heave wrecker. and I put the long stacks on the silver T800 I was building. and the silver T800 is done.I am mixing paint to get the right red. for the wrecker body.


Looks good Ed!
. . . 42 . . .

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2020, 08:54:43 PM »
0
yes those tall stacks look so much better. thank you again Pete.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2020, 10:44:21 PM »
0
yes those tall stacks look so much better. thank you again Pete.

Glad to be able to help!  I can't wait to see the wrecker painted.
. . . 42 . . .

fcnrwy23

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 431
  • Home of the FCN
  • Respect: +617
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #423 on: May 24, 2020, 09:25:57 AM »
+1
A subduded Memorial Day weekend, means starting and completing a few more projects...

Feed Truck
The Mill at Wild Rose on the FCN, will finally get a new vehicle.



The truck chassis is a salvaged Walthers' (Magnuson) Ford L-Series "Line Truck" cab, from another project.  I cut out the styrene frame and installed a new longer piece to accept the feed body, along with a tandem wheel setup this time.  The Feed Body is constructed from styrene shapes.

Venting Fan
I finally found a "Sealed motor" duct blower fan for Venting, my paint booth and the basement.  The motor assembly comes with the tapered bodies.  The fan body itself can be removed by undoing the plastic straps.  The motor body (looks like a tomato can) slips out for repair or change-out.  The paint booth is made out of a Home Depot packing box and accepts a 12 x 20 x 1 filter. (It slides in from the right-side and i forgot to reinstall a new one  :facepalm: for the photo).  The Flex tubing is attached to a dryer vent adapter and is a snug fit to the motor.  So, I just pull it off, when I want to vent out the basement air.




Jerry G.


ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #424 on: May 24, 2020, 09:44:58 AM »
0
the feed body looks great. nice job. now if you use a trainworx kit that truck would be a gem.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12281
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11771
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #425 on: May 24, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
+5
Finished mine at last:


fcnrwy23

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 431
  • Home of the FCN
  • Respect: +617
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #426 on: May 24, 2020, 02:59:20 PM »
0
the feed body looks great. nice job. now if you use a trainworx kit that truck would be a gem.


Ya those kits are pretty sweet, but for a "Static Display" I rather spent the $30 on getting a Seventh NEW Undeced Kato Dash 9.  I would be 1/3 of the way there.. :D :D
After I do some body work on the Six, I already have.   The FCLX and FGEN will be getting AC44C6s (NS-style)...  :D

Jerry G.

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #427 on: May 24, 2020, 03:06:35 PM »
0
you model trains that is good . I model trucks. that feed body would look good with my light blue T800 cab and kit.

fcnrwy23

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 431
  • Home of the FCN
  • Respect: +617
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2020, 03:17:41 PM »
0
you model trains that is good . I model trucks. that feed body would look good with my light blue T800 cab and kit.

Fair,   I model Trucks too, but no one is making any Late 1985 - 1995 L-Series.   A couple of LTL 9000's Or 1996 - 1998 Aeromax's would be sweet.  I even crack open the piggy bank for a 1998 - 2009 Sterling... :D

Jerry G.

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »
0
I have 45 so far for my truck stop. I think I need about 20 more. :)

fcnrwy23

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 431
  • Home of the FCN
  • Respect: +617
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #430 on: May 25, 2020, 04:14:39 PM »
+2
Well at least I got ONE thing done..  :|



This is the Feed truck from yesterday.   I went through my collection of decals to finish it.  The "Tail Light" assembly and "Marker Lights" are pieces of the Safety stripes (red/white) and (yellow) is from the MicroScale "Reflector Stripes" cut down to size. The rest are from the GE Dash9 and Boxcar decal sheets.. Those ALWAYS come in handy.  :D

Jerry G.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4871
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #431 on: May 25, 2020, 05:03:51 PM »
0
Well at least I got ONE thing done..  :|



This is the Feed truck from yesterday.   I went through my collection of decals to finish it.  The "Tail Light" assembly and "Marker Lights" are pieces of the Safety stripes (red/white) and (yellow) is from the MicroScale "Reflector Stripes" cut down to size. The rest are from the GE Dash9 and Boxcar decal sheets.. Those ALWAYS come in handy.  :D

Jerry G.

Need a couple of those for my AgCom facility, along with tractor trailer versions. 

Excellent work !

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #432 on: May 25, 2020, 05:55:36 PM »
0
That kitbashef tank truck looks great, but all it reminds me is a septic tank service truck. The honey-wagon.  :D We don't have grain facilities here in the Northeast USA, so I don't even know what those trucks are used for in the grain country.

 

. . . 42 . . .

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4871
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #433 on: May 25, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
0
The red mast is moved into position over a grain bin.  This is usually a finished product, such as feed for chickens etc


peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #434 on: May 25, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »
0
Ah, I see.  So this truck hauls in what eventually the septic truck would haul out, if you catch my drift.  :)
. . . 42 . . .