Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54508 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2020, 12:16:49 AM »
+7
With a little help from my friends, I repowered this first generation Con Cor-Kato Hudson.


Lee


Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

craigolio1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2738
  • Respect: +2388
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2020, 07:42:45 PM »
0
My corona project, when not working on the layout:



Horn is not my pro instrument (tuba and oboe are), but my wife likes it a lot. My horn "chops" were more than a little rusty, so I thought I would use the forced time off from performance commitments to refresh skills on not-my-usual. Next on the list is clarinet, something I was never all that polished on, but one of my directors asked for help to backup that section when the schedule resumes.

Off topic but I wonder if you would know about restoring instruments? My Alto Sax from when I was a kid was in a flood. I didn’t realize it and I opened it up to play it as I do a couple of times a year and it is mouldy. I’d like to take it apart, clean it, and re-pad it. It’s probably more worthwhile just to buy a new one, but then it would t be mine. Perhaps you you PM me?

Craig.

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2020, 11:48:38 PM »
0
While the wife ran out to pick up dinner, I had enough time to go out to the garage and cut some flex track to fit. I nailed the track in to place, and I plan to start gluing the flex down tomorrow morning.


MK

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4358
  • Respect: +955
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2020, 11:51:11 PM »
0
Wow, you are good!  Getting the wife to bring you food AND getting work done on your layout!  Tell us your secret!   :D

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2020, 11:57:25 PM »
0
There's a pretty big kink at the right side of that straight leg of the crossing if that can be straightened out somehow.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2020, 12:55:59 AM »
0
Wow, you are good!  Getting the wife to bring you food AND getting work done on your layout!  Tell us your secret!   :D
she wanted out of the house!

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
+1
My twin trailer flatcars now have couplers and trucks:




Time for their first test run!  More in the build thread:  https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=21968.105

A Happy Easter to all who celebrate it.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »
0
So, I fixed the kink and the junction is glued down.

So I am using #4’s to get the yard tracks to fan out quicker. The yard feeds off of the interchange track. There are a pair of #6’s on both ends of the interchange and PE mainline with enough room for an old Rivarossi 2-8-2 and a Dimi Trains Vanderbilt tender to make a run around.


I was able to find a spot for the very first laser cut kit that I ever built.


glakedylan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Gender: Male
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +249
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2020, 06:47:36 PM »
+1
PRR GP3X v 03


progress fro,m yesterday to today


[ Guests cannot view attachments ]


[ Guests cannot view attachments ]


[ Guests cannot view attachments ]


[ Guests cannot view attachments ]


two layers of primer/surfacer
light sanding in between coats
now drying


next is waiting for PRR DGLE from MinuteMan
hopefully some time this coming week


holiday greetings to all
Gary
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384

fcnrwy23

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 431
  • Home of the FCN
  • Respect: +617
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
+2
A little quieter now...  :)

With All of the Surplus Equipment sold off (the items that I had posted before).  (I was quite surprised that Everything went in the first week of the online auctions, for me that never has happened before). 
There is now space to work on the Home Roads and their powerboards.
   I am now able to add one more C30-7 to the FCLX batch of Leaser units.  And I am using, FGEN #1305 as a guide for the lettering and warning label placements on the frame sill and carbody.
The FCLX #235 and #236 are in for some handrail paint touch-up.
   I was also able to finish this past week, (10) more of the Thrall Coal Gons for the FCN's sister road, The Fording & Eastern (FGEN). The cars' lettering and data are from Circus City's "Freelance" decal offerings.
Which, it appears he is NOT offering anymore!  :(. (I looked last night, no dice).  :(



Hope Everyone is Staying Safe...  ;)

Jerry G.

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2020, 03:13:39 PM »
+1
I’ve replaced 24 cars worth of plastic wheel sets with metal wheel sets.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


VonRyan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3108
  • Gender: Male
  • Yes, No, Maybe So
  • Respect: +691
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »
+1
My off-and-on project has been the slow reclamation of my old “workbench” and surrounding area out in the studio.

These photos are after three days (approximately 6 total hours) of work.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]



Here’s an overall view of the studio from the doorway:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.

In Memoriam
Bill Kidd
Bill “Rep” Repholz
Erik Seidelmann

TLOC

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 317
  • Respect: +93
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »
0
A little quieter now...  :)

With All of the Surplus Equipment sold off (the items that I had posted before).  (I was quite surprised that Everything went in the first week of the online auctions, for me that never has happened before). 
There is now space to work on the Home Roads and their powerboards.
   I am now able to add one more C30-7 to the FCLX batch of Leaser units.  And I am using, FGEN #1305 as a guide for the lettering and warning label placements on the frame sill and carbody.
The FCLX #235 and #236 are in for some handrail paint touch-up.
   I was also able to finish this past week, (10) more of the Thrall Coal Gons for the FCN's sister road, The Fording & Eastern (FGEN). The cars' lettering and data are from Circus City's "Freelance" decal offerings.
Which, it appears he is NOT offering anymore!  :(. (I looked last night, no dice).  :(



Hope Everyone is Staying Safe...  ;)

Jerry G.

I would email Matt at Circus City and ask him if he’ll make them up. He is very easy to work with.

Circuscitydecals.com

TomO

ncbqguy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 624
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +387
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2020, 08:25:14 PM »
+1
Holy cr*p!
Thank you for posting those photos!   Just as I was depressed watching American Pickers going into borderline holders / dealers houses/outbuildings Anne thinking I am close to that...even if I unpacked all my boxes and dumped all the plastic tubs I wouldn’t be as “bad” as that!  Still have to find homes for Uber excessive inventory but manageable.
Charlie Vlk

VonRyan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3108
  • Gender: Male
  • Yes, No, Maybe So
  • Respect: +691
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2020, 08:41:22 PM »
+1
Holy cr*p!
Thank you for posting those photos!   Just as I was depressed watching American Pickers going into borderline holders / dealers houses/outbuildings Anne thinking I am close to that...even if I unpacked all my boxes and dumped all the plastic tubs I wouldn’t be as “bad” as that!  Still have to find homes for Uber excessive inventory but manageable.
Charlie Vlk

Well around the walls is family stuff, and leftovers from my grandmothers ceramics business.
The tables and surrounding floor space are populated with my stuff, which consist of about 50% trains stuff and 50% WWII company clerk and telephone comms stuff.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.

In Memoriam
Bill Kidd
Bill “Rep” Repholz
Erik Seidelmann