Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54494 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11425
  • Respect: +2893
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2020, 05:59:30 PM »
+1
Yep. Drop-in. The only gotcha is Kato has a thing where they're about 0.015" narrow on the gauge, so every wheelset has to be gauge-checked and adjusted. That's what takes most of the install time.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

MK

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4358
  • Respect: +955
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2020, 06:18:10 PM »
+1
Nah @C855B not joking, but my small shelf layout is puny in comparison to your layout trackage.  Replacing wheels makes much more sense at that scale, sir!

Are Kato wheelsets plug-and-play in Atlas locos?

  Frank

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=33107.0

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=45904.0

Steveruger45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1724
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +543
Steve

Frank Amato

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1407
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +930
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2020, 07:43:23 PM »
0
Props @MK @Steveruger45 !!!

x600

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 512
  • Respect: +314
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2020, 11:26:40 PM »
0

 And with what Greg said earlier, I guess I'm not going to get away with Atlas Code 55 turnouts! haha




              ^^^^^ THIS^^^^^
 :trollface:
Greg O.

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2020, 12:23:30 AM »
0
The idea of a new Atlas loco that won't run on Atlas track, even if it just the crossings, sounds like somebody goofed in the design department.

I have 50 year old Kato/ConCor cars that will run on hand-spiked code 40.  Why couldn't manufacturers have adopted those flanges at least 40 years ago?  (Rhetorical question - I don't really want to start a big discussion on the hows and whys of flange depth!)
N Kalanaga
Be well

dougnelson

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2417
    • PRR N Scale
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2020, 08:16:59 PM »
+1
I binge-watched 92 episodes of Homeland in 2 weeks.  Now I am pissed because I have to wait for the last 4 weekly episodes.

Frank Amato

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1407
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +930
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2020, 09:08:05 PM »
+6
I felt inspired by the code 40 discussion to whip this up today (no resemblance to our members here I am sure) :



Hopefully good for a quick laugh!

  Frank


C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11425
  • Respect: +2893
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2020, 09:30:36 PM »
0
I have 120 pair on the way.  :P  :D
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2020, 09:53:05 PM »
0
I have 120 pair on the way.  :P  :D

Hopefully from MBK, or you're paying too much!  :D

Love that meme, BTW.
. . . 42 . . .

Frank Amato

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1407
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +930
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2020, 10:00:07 PM »
0
I have 120 pair on the way.  :P  :D

Oh man @C855B , I hope my LHS got my order for two packs in ahead of you  :o

And yea @peteski that American Choppers meme template has so many uses LOL !

  Frank

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11425
  • Respect: +2893
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2020, 10:11:51 PM »
+1
Hopefully from MBK, or you're paying too much!

I only wish. MBK is my normal source for these, but nowhere to be found. I had to go directly to Kato parts. Painful, yes.

There's more to this story, so I'm starting a thread over in the "products" section.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »
+1
I plan to hang the extension for my layout tomorrow,  rip up and relay the current junction

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2020, 04:51:48 PM »
+3
Well, the new extension is assembled and mounted Now the fun begins, expect to see Southern Pacific MOW equipment pictures.  I am going to change the crossing from 90° to a 15° crossing, a #4 switch will lead into the yard, and I wii have a staging track in the rear.


glakedylan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Gender: Male
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +249
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »
0
PRR GP30 v 03

Ok...I was very disappointed in how the first attempt turned out.

And, I was less than OK with the second venture.

So, here I am wityh v 03...call me gullible, call me naive, call me a glutton for punishment, or call me a "not gonna give up 'til i like the results" kinda guy

I took it back to bare shell. The only changes from the original shell that remain are the
putty in the front number boards (as they were recessed way too far to even reach in with decals) and the nose headlight (that was removed as the PRR
had a cab top headling...that also remains on the shell.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

will add primer/surfacer tomorrow, paint when it arrives from MM
which I hope is before the weekend but probably not 'til next week

3rd time is a charm, no? let's hope so!

sincerely
Gary
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:33:01 PM by glakedylan »
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384