Author Topic: Weekend Update 11/19/17  (Read 9764 times)

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +891
    • My blog
Re: Weekend Update 11/19/17
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »
+5
I have had nothing but trouble decalling my Pacific Electric SW1 into Tiger Stripes. The letters and numbers, no issues, though the stripes, well, it must have been old decals. They tore and folded over onto themselves.

As for the loco, I named her Tigger, since there was only one SW1 lettered for the Pacific Electric and I am sure that this is the only one in N Scale

Yes, there are issues with the stripes and I don't care
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:10:15 PM by johnb »

SP-Wolf

• Crew
  • Respect: +1815
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
+9
My SD-9 project is progressing nicely. Decaling is done. Next... adding details, detail painting and some paint touch up.

Thanks,
Wolf

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2017, 07:33:38 PM »
Visited layouts over the weekend. In the rain Saturday, got to Adam's (mu126aeh) and met with Delta Bravo Dave, then another N layout 15 minutes from his place. Finished the day at a monstrous-size HO layout, then checked out White Rose Hobbies at its' new location in W York. Not totally finished getting back in the swing of things, but oh so much more room and the owner has plans for doing more with that space. 270 miles all told for the day.

Sunday, stayed local and visited two more.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
I have had nothing but trouble decalling my Pacific Electric SW1 into Tiger Stripes. The letters and numbers, no issues, though the stripes, well, it must have been old decals. They tore and folded over onto themselves.

As for the loco, I named her Tigger, since there was only one SW1 lettered for the Pacific Electric and I am sure that this is the only one in N Scale

You and SP Wolf are killing me with these tiger-stripe switchers! I'm really going to have to break out of my scarlet and grey shell and do one of these at some point! ;)

johnb

• Crew
    • My blog
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:47 PM »
You and SP Wolf are killing me with these tiger-stripe switchers! I'm really going to have to break out of my scarlet and grey shell and do one of these at some point! ;)
thanks for not bashing me for my messed up cell phone camera.

Santa Fe Guy

• Crew
  • Respect: +359
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »
Nice work as usual everybody.
I'm sitting here resting my eyes after threading fishing line onto turnbuckles and adding truss rods throu #78 size holes to another HOn3 gon kit.
Rod.
Santafesd40.blogspot.com

johnb

• Crew
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »

Here's proof that at least 2 tigers survived until 1970

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1935
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2017, 11:29:28 PM »
+7
I’m close to being done with the Cafe. After going through my personal pics I was able to photoshop the main signs for the Cafe and bar.

I didn’t have a photo of the East side of the building (it faces the backdrop), so I went to the bars Facebook page, found a shot, spent about an hour cleaning it up and this is what I ended up with.

Next is working on the windows.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

Roger Holmes

• Crew
  • Respect: +580
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2017, 11:57:37 PM »
+5
A suite of Milwaukee Road Tail Cars.  Starting from the nearest:  Business Car MILWAUKEE in original paint; Business Car MILWAUKEE in 1956 paint;  Skytop observation COFFEE CREEK;  Skytop observation GOLD CREEK; Skytop observation SPANISH CREEK; beavertail smoothside observation WENONAH; and beavertail ribside observation EARLING.

After watching U18b's tail light video, You Tube had a prototype video of the Skytop that has a parlor section ahead of the greenhouse.  Those parlor chairs were in a single row on each side of the car and were swiveling seats in a light green color.  I bought the chair in the photo below from a guy in Milwaukee about 15 years ago.  It is either from a Skytop or a straight parlor car and now resides in my layout room.

Finally, the latest project on my workbench.  CMR's Railroad Headquarters Building.  The next step is to install the supplied round strip stock in each of the gaps between panels and shaping it into a 45 degree angle.

Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 07:02:36 AM »
I assume KATO and FVM are two of the companies that made thses cars - others are brass and resin? 

u18b

• Crew
  • Respect: +1766
    • My website
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
+1

John, I know how you feel.

On one of my first BN models, it was a pretty nice kitbash.
A phase 3 U25B (the stock Atlas model is a phase 2).

I posted that picture many times.

Unless I pointed it out, no one ever noticed the nose stripes were backwards.

Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

altohorn25

• Crew
  • Respect: +3331
    • Mini Mod u Trak
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
I assume KATO and FVM are two of the companies that made thses cars - others are brass and resin?

Starting from left to right:  the first, second, fourth, and fifth cars are brass from Railway Classics I believe.  The third car is the new car from Kato.  The sixth car is the FVM car and the seventh car is the old brass model (can't remember the manufacturer off the top of my head - it was in a 5 car set).  I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:32:17 AM by altohorn25 »
Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3160
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 07:34:29 AM »
Not much train related after the Roseville, CA train show last weekend. I have been posting some photos. Here's one of a black widow and daylight E unit pair rolling through Binney Junction (Marysville, CA).

More photos posted on our facebook package https://www.facebook.com/SacramentoFreeMoN/

While the train is nice in this image, what jumped out to me is the two greenhouses.  Very nice, are they yours?

u18b

• Crew
  • Respect: +1766
    • My website
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 07:44:21 AM »
+1
Starting from left to right:  the first, second, fourth, and fifth cars are brass from Railway Classics I believe.  The third car is the new car from Kato.  The sixth car is the FVM car and the seventh car is the old brass model (can't remember the manufacturer off the top of my head - it was in a 5 car set).  I could be wrong.

Kumata.
Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 09:47:27 AM »
Something for our Northern Pacific fans: a brass "Weed Destroyer" an HO friend recently acquired and finished. It may not be N but it's got character and you got to love that name...
Otto K.