Author Topic: L&HR decals  (Read 599 times)

Joetrain59

• Crew
  • Respect: +33
L&HR decals
« on: November 24, 2017, 02:22:38 AM »
Hi, Just looked at Microscale list, they don't offer Lehigh & Hudson River decals. Does someone else offer them? Would like caboose decals.
 Thanks,
 Joe D

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +693
Re: L&HR decals
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »
Highball Graphics does them in N scale, but only for a few locomotives.  Maybe you could email to see if a caboose set is possible.

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »
 Highball, like other decal makers, would likely need a minimum quantity order of way more than I need. Are there any L&HR modelers out there? Also applies to NYO&W NW2 decals to (hopefully) be made by Allan at Old & Weary Car Shop. Spoke to him tonight. He needs to have enough $ to produce the run for the Springfield show. These NW2 decals have the orange bib at bottom front, unlike Microscale.

Other option for L&HR caboose is if some type of caboose was offered in that roadname?
 Thanks,
 Joe D

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:03:15 AM »
                  :|   I' am not sure, but I seem to remember that the old Life Like NE caboose later upgraded by Walthers LL just before the great Bachmann one may have had LNE road on  their original run. Nate Goodman (Nato).  :|

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 03:08:42 AM »
Nato, L&HR.  Did do up a L&NE LL Northeast caboose, to run with the FA's.
 Joe D

Rich_S

• Crew
  • Respect: +71
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
HI Joe, At this time the closest you're going to get is to use the Highball L&HR RS-3 set for your L&HR caboose. It's not perfect, some errors. I wonder why Highball does not produce a L&HR caboose set, since they already produce the RS-3 and C420 sets?

http://www.mgdecals.com/L-146.htm

Atlas did a run of L&HR cabooses a few years ago in their Trainman line. A current search of ebay did not yield any results, but one may show up?

I just ordered a few decals from Highball and added a comment that L&HR caboose decals are needed, maybe this will get the ball rolling?

Rich S.

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Thanks Rich. Very kind of you. That Atlas caboose would be the C&O Cupola caboose, I guess. I'll have to look at Atlas website past products link to see if there's a photo of it.
 Joe D

New website does not offer past products link, as far as I could tell. I browsed that a lot.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:06:44 AM by Joetrain59 »