Author Topic: Holy moly! Osgoode Bradleys in N FOR SURE!?!?!?!?!  (Read 4644 times)

Jim Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +33
Re: Holy moly! Osgoode Bradleys in N FOR SURE!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:57 PM »
Yes, I am married, still working partly, I also own/run a Hobby Shop, exchange rates will push up the price as well and I said I 'COULD'  use a few (Dozen)
 Hopefully Rapido might stagger delivery over a few weeks. I have been waiting for many decades for something like this  and may have to raid the piggybank
to get some

Jim
Modelling the NH down under

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
Had to get at least 2 in NH colors.  More than one PRR train carried these and not just in the Northeast Corridore.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4193
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 11:18:32 PM »
Puddington, is Rapido planning a second release? Obviously Bryan will be buying the entire output of the first run. ;)

Well ... not the ENTIRE run.  I'll leave a couple. 8)
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 02:11:14 AM »

Here's the link to the sales sheet....if you model the New Haven, BAR, LIRR oe B&M you'll like what you see...........

http://rapidotrains.com/ob_n.html

"Rapido Puddy"

May suggest a different nickname: RaPuddingo"?

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 02:35:03 AM »
Think  anybody will actually make "American Flyer" decals for these cars? That'd be a fun car to run in your consists.

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 04:07:52 AM »
WOW! Those are goureous cars, but so far above my paygrade the only thing I can afford is jealousy. :( Sometimes retirement SUCKS!
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3123
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »
Had to get at least 2 in NH colors.  More than one PRR train carried these and not just in the Northeast Corridore.

Bob, Please elaborate- were they in PRR colors or were they typivally transfers from other roads?

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 07:05:54 AM »
While I have no need of these cars (unless I can come up with some way of doing some sides for some Bethlehem Steel coaches from the same period of time that these cars were built, which would make these cars a reasonable core to use) my hope is that they will sell well and that Rapido will consider doing the other versions as well as the light gray and blue Long Island cars... a few did see this paint.  Not so such a stretch would be a Maine Central car, though to do it right would likely mean that some of the windows would have to be modified (it was acquired by the MEC from LIRR for MofW service).

At least for once we have someone other than Eastern Seaboard Models doing eastern passenger cars and that is refreshing... now if we could get some more done like the presently delayed single windowed heavyweight coach by MT (the diner's delivery has been set back a couple of months so I would guess the coach has been as well) and some nice 14 or 16 Section sleepers and a solarium car I am sure that plenty more interest will be developed from such things, especially so the all section cars since some, after ending their tourist car assignment went on to serve rebuilt as coaches, as did some of the other full parlor cars.

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1238
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:42 AM »
Bob, Please elaborate- were they in PRR colors or were they typivally transfers from other roads?

He said he wants them in NH colours, not undecorated. I'd imagine they were in run-through service somewhere. New Haven cars showed up on B&M trains pretty regularly, it's probably something similar.

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 08:52:40 AM »
I want a K4.
~ Matt

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »

New Haven cars on PRR trains.  The Boston to Washington trains carried a mixture of PRR and NH cars.  I've also seen photos of the NH cars on other PRR lines and I've read that they sometimes continued on trains headed to points in the South. 

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »
Well ... not the ENTIRE run.  I'll leave a couple. 8)

Not that Bryan sent us the very first order for N scale OB's or anything................. ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4193
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 10:26:29 AM »
New Haven cars on PRR trains.  The Boston to Washington trains carried a mixture of PRR and NH cars.  I've also seen photos of the NH cars on other PRR lines and I've read that they sometimes continued on trains headed to points in the South.

Yup.  On the Boston/Washington consists, the PRR/NH motive power stayed on its home road but the PRR/NH varnish moved from point to point regardless of the ownership or equipment type.  It was the norm rather than the exception.  Heavyweights, smoothsides and fluted cars.  Coaches, parlors and sleepers.   Didn't matter.  The Senator was an all-PRR consist that ran over NH rails to Boston.  And the PBLWs did run on PRR rails to Washington.  Both railroads built and owned the New York Connecting Railroad between Sunnyside Yard and Glendale (the Hell Gate route, electrified and operated by NH) to link New England with a through route via New York City to the rest of the country.  It was rare that you wouldn't see any PRR varnish on the NH trains that ran to/from Washington, and it was common to see PRR varnish on NH trains that terminated/originated in New York.  Just as it was rare to not see CN varnish on NH trains to/from Montréal.  After the PC merger, the electric motive power change in New York was eliminated.

The NH 14-4 "Point" series sleepers were used regularly in Boston/Miami service.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1238
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Yup.  On the Boston/Washington consists, the PRR/NH motive power stayed on its home road but the PRR/NH varnish moved from point to point regardless of the ownership or equipment type.  It was the norm rather than the exception.  Heavyweights, smoothsides and fluted cars.  Coaches, parlors and sleepers.   Didn't matter.  The Senator was an all-PRR consist that ran over NH rails to Boston.  And the PBLWs did run on PRR rails to Washington.  Both railroads built and owned the New York Connecting Railroad between Sunnyside Yard and Glendale (the Hell Gate route, electrified and operated by NH) to link New England with a through route via New York City to the rest of the country.  It was rare that you wouldn't see any PRR varnish on the NH trains that ran to/from Washington, and it was common to see PRR varnish on NH trains that terminated/originated in New York.  Just as it was rare to not see CN varnish on NH trains to/from Montréal.  After the PC merger, the electric motive power change in New York was eliminated.

The NH 14-4 "Point" series sleepers were used regularly in Boston/Miami service.

I know that New Haven cars showed up on the B&M's Conn River line, but because some of those trains were Washington-Montreal would PRR cars be appropriate as well?

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
Here is one train where they did show up.

The East Wind.   The train was a joint effort, operated by the Pennsylvania, New Haven, Boston & Maine, and Maine Central. The railroads each contributed to a pool of passenger cars which were used on this train. During the East Wind's first two seasons (1940 and 1941) the cars used were all (temporarily) painted yellow, silver, and dark blue. The Second World War brought about an end to this practice and the cars used on the post-war East Wind remained in their normal railroad colors.