Author Topic: Weekend Update 10/13/13  (Read 11664 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9960
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2877
Weekend Update 10/13/13
« on: October 11, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »
0


Richie Dost

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
0
I don't know why, but I bid on and won another 12 Illinois Central Intermountain reefer kits on eBay this week. Well, I know why... they were only $2.95 each, with all parts except trucks/couplers. Maybe I'll start putting them together in the foreseeable future.

Today, my wife and I drove down to Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans, to visit my wife's mother and sister. I went over to Hub Hobby shop and bought their last package of A-Line lead weights for the reefer kits. Jeff, the manager, told me they can't get the A-Line weights any more. While I was there, I also found out one can't ship Floquil solvent paints by mail or UPS. Bummer. There was someone here who was looking for some Floquil reefer yellow(?), and Hub has 2 jars left.


Hmm... next thing you
know, you won't be able
to ship termites from one
state to another...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

kelticsylk

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 781
  • Respect: 0
    • Milepost 15
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:57:24 PM »
0
I managed to destroy BOTH of the L1s locomotives on the roster..

This one melted a tender truck...


This one fell 700 scale feet to a concrete floor...

strummer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 998
  • Respect: +65
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 01:22:40 AM »
0
Wow,that sucks. Hope you'll be able to repair them :oops:

Mark in Oregon

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2649
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1009
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:56:10 AM »
0
Wow,that sucks. Hope you'll be able to repair them :oops:

Mark in Oregon

That does suck. Although, you could use the skydiver for parts for the melted truck and be able to get one back on the rails.....
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

rochsub

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 371
  • Respect: +253
    • The N Scale UPRR Geneva Subdivision
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »
0
Safety First!






Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »
0
Bravo ! That scene is outstanding ! Really great modelling - each element is so well executed.
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5306
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »
0
I have not posted progress in a while.  The layout is progressing nicely  :D




sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2779
  • Respect: +144
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 04:51:44 PM »
0
I have not posted progress in a while.  The layout is progressing nicely  :D

Dusting must be a b!@+c4 !!!

:D
The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
0
Typical CN modeller.... over configured and complex.... I mean how hard is it to model poor track work and unhappy employees.............. :trollface: :trollface: (I owe you that one mate ! ;))
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

mark dance

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1280
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
0
After 7 bridges, 14 abutments, 2 glacier-fed creeks and many hundreds of trees, with the construction of this small phone shed, Troup is done



I also made good progress on the next two big bridges on the Boundary sub.  Here is the basic framing of Barr Creek bridge with rivet details and gusset plates to be added.





I have never really been happy with this scene so I can't wait for this bridge to be so I can add many more tall trees around the piers

Have a great weekend and a great long-Thanksgiving weekend to the Canadians!

md
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

Jeff AKA St0rm

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 520
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +59
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »
0
Well after playing golf this morning in our rider cup vs another local club it is time to get some more benchwork done as I watch football.






BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5014
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »
0
This week's work on coach BCOL 6508 focused on completing the underframe and parts, and preparing the roof and associated parts, in preparation for final assembly of the car.

The brackets for the air brake reservoirs are offcuts from an etched fret, and the water tank filler pipe is a Miniatures By Eric casting:




I also built a pair of Pullman vestibule steps and cut out the floor to receive them:




Here is the completed underframe with all associated parts including trucks and couplers, steps, water tank, and brake components:




I am using a Con-Cor coach roof for this project.  After removing the end and side window glass and sanding off the roof vents, I drilled locating holes for the smoke jacks and vent pipe.  I also built a new closer to scale mushroom vent and installed the grab irons on the roof and water tank enclosure.

Here is the modified roof with all associated parts including water tank enclosure, mushroom vent, vent pipe, and smoke jacks:




During the remainder of this Thanksgiving long weekend I hope to finish preparing the ends and sides with the formation of grab irons and location of holes for them and the sill steps, and fabricating the brake wheel mount for inside the vestibule.  I will then be ready to proceed with final assemby of the car.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian Railwire members!


Tim

T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

Jeff AKA St0rm

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 520
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +59
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »
0
Update. Back drop is now blue.




Cajonpassfan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5398
  • Respect: +1973
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
0
I have not posted progress in a while.  The layout is progressing nicely  :D





Very funny...is that the one in Hamburg?
I got to visit Loxx in Berlin last month, very impressive, and while designed with the masses in mind, much more realistic, IMHO. Definitely worth a visit when in Germany.
Otto K.