Author Topic: Weekend Update 10/13/13  (Read 11668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

johnhale

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 141
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +36
    • New Haven RR in N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 10:51:11 PM »
0
Spent the weekend at the C&P Junction Mid East Region NMRA Convention (http://mer.nmra.org/MERConv/MERConv.html). We (BANTRAK) set up our oNeTrak modules in the module room.


Sessions were well attended:


My Jessup, Maryland trash transfer facility module made it's debut:


I ran both my New Haven Fruit Growers Express cars and my new CSX ES44's:


BANTRAK members ran a lot of Northeast stuff, we had New Haven, NYC, and NKP in the house:



John
John Hale
1960's era New Haven Railroad

bnsfdash8

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 678
  • Respect: +1653
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
0
I've just been working on weathering this NW 60' boxcar.


Reese
Modeling Norfolk Southern one loco at a time.

BCRail_FSJ

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 357
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +553
    • Trying to model the BCR Fort St John BC (again)...while living in Australia (what could possibly go wrong?)
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 12:03:17 AM »
0
Still plodding along on the Beatton River bridge.  This weekend I am making the support piers.  I am using balsa wood for these as they are fairly simple in design.  I will be using a light skim of squadron putty to simulate the texture of cast concrete.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:08:22 AM by BCRail_FSJ »
Attempting Canadian prototype modelling in Australia

British Columbia Fort St John Subdivision
https://nscalefortstjohnsub.wordpress.com

BCRail_FSJ

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 357
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +553
    • Trying to model the BCR Fort St John BC (again)...while living in Australia (what could possibly go wrong?)
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
0
and a picture would help....


« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:08:49 AM by BCRail_FSJ »
Attempting Canadian prototype modelling in Australia

British Columbia Fort St John Subdivision
https://nscalefortstjohnsub.wordpress.com

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »
0
Great work on the bridge.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5306
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 02:29:39 AM »
0
Yes, that is Minatur Wunderland in Hamburg.  I was at LOXX in Berlin a few weeks ago and it is impressive as well.  They love their model trains and trains here.

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +910
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
0
Union Station Products sides were used to model Rock Island coach "Herington".

Bill Denton

kelticsylk

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 781
  • Respect: 0
    • Milepost 15
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »
0
That does suck. Although, you could use the skydiver for parts for the melted truck and be able to get one back on the rails.....

Hadn't even thought of that! I can then use the GHQ parts to build a new L1s.

basementcalling

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3922
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1056
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
0
A bridge to be proud of, BCRAIL.

I've been monkeying around with backdrops, but everything is still clamped in position at this point.



That's the view from inside my central peninsula. The tall MDF backdrop was a discount score at Lowes because the finished side was damaged. A couple cuts at the store and I have this big piece and two 12 inch sections to play around with as well. For more on my backdropping (ouch) exploits, see my Idaho Belt thread in the LER forum.

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=29551.75


Peter
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:22:26 PM by basementcalling »
Peter Pfotenhauer

seusscaboose

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2098
  • Respect: +219
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »
0
Set up, ran. broke down at the local NMRA MiniCon. (see above post from John)
It was REALLY cool seeing NH, NYC and NKP cruising the rails at the same time.

also... put in Bill's Blue Coal Loads into the new NKP offerings...
I like this pic b/c it has lots of colors.


EP
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8579
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
0
I like that blue coal, seusscaboose.

I putzed around with some more ballast, grass, and gravel, adding another few feet of ballasted mainline, a poorly-maintained team track, and a gravel parking lot:


Please ignore the "asphalt" road and road crossing.  They're not finished.

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »
0


She's a beautiful car!!!  Another great work of art from a passenger car master!!!

MRLX1020

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 220
  • Respect: +52
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 09:28:51 PM »
0
Union Station Products sides were used to model Rock Island coach "Herington".



This car looks great!  Any reason why you put Con Cor disc brake outside swing hanger trucks under it instead of Kato or other tread brake inside swings?

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11584
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
0
This weekend hasn't been half bad.

Now that I have a layout in the basement that needs some active work, I can actually make little bits of progress toward the greater whole.

One of the first things I have to do is mate the two halves back up. So far I've used some wood filler to fill the gap the saw left behind, painted it to cover it up, and then cut the ties back so I can add in some joiners. I still need to square the ends up, then its on to cutting a ton of joiner tracks. At least it's progress!



Next, I spent some time cleaning up the former engine terminal. Similarly to how CR would have to do some environmental remediation, I'm doing something similar. I pulled up the old tracks, and have been cleaning up the former ballast.



This now means I have to figure out how to repurpose the area.

I'm thinking of adding a Flexi-Flow terminal and an MOW storage area (somewhere for my awesome G26s to mingle with my camp cars), but I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have.





flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 02:45:49 AM »
0
Whew, busy weekend finishing up the latest stuff.

Oh, and I really hate trying to shoot black engines... even with flood lights.

For starters, a pair of Chemin de fer de la Matapédia et du Golfe (or CFMG for short ) SD40-2's.  Bashed a non-DB long hood onto a Mid frame, nose, and cab. 





Next, a single CSX SD70MAC in the newer CSX YN3b logo. One of two MACs that wear this scheme with 4551 being the other.



Another pair of CEFX AC4400CW's that have been renumbered and weathered.





And finally,a pair of GHQ garbage trucks for good measure...just without the smell...  :scared:   ;)



Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742