Author Topic: Weekend Update 10/13/13  (Read 11669 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

w neal

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1434
  • Respect: +483
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 06:26:12 AM »
0
Well after playing golf this morning in our rider cup vs another local club it is time to get some more benchwork done as I watch football.

How about some finishing work on that ceiling / walls / floor? We don't want dust on that new layout.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:28:53 AM by w neal »
Buffering...

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35289
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6649
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 07:40:26 AM »
0
How about some finishing work on that ceiling / walls / floor? We don't want dust on that new layout.  ;)

I asked a similar question few weeks ago: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg337642#msg337642

I think that Jeff prefers his basement au-naturale.  :)
. . . 42 . . .

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +910
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
0
Any reason why you put Con Cor disc brake outside swing hanger trucks under it instead of Kato or other tread brake inside swings?

My truck supply is running low and that's what I had on hand at the moment. Was in a hurry to get a photo for Weekend Update. Also after I took the photo, I put an interior in the car. The roof is a casting from a  Kato Slumbercoach and the ends are also castings.
Bill Denton

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2779
  • Respect: +144
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 09:00:48 AM »
0
I let the magic smoke out of a decoder this weekend. WIN!

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

trainforfun

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1905
  • Respect: +98
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
0
Whew, busy weekend finishing up the latest stuff.

Oh, and I really hate trying to shoot black engines... even with flood lights.

For starters, a pair of Chemin de fer de la Matapédia et du Golfe (or CFMG for short ) SD40-2's.  Bashed a non-DB long hood onto a Mid frame, nose, and cab. 





Next, a single CSX SD70MAC in the newer CSX YN3b logo. One of two MACs that wear this scheme with 4551 being the other.



Another pair of CEFX AC4400CW's that have been renumbered and weathered.





And finally,a pair of GHQ garbage trucks for good measure...just without the smell...  :scared:   ;)



Brian

Beautifull work ( as usual ) Brian !!!   8)
Thanks ,
Louis



tehachapifan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3477
  • Respect: +1148
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »
0
I let the magic smoke out of a decoder this weekend. WIN!

The S.

That DCC stuff sounds like fun. :scared: I think I'll just stick to keeping a log of speed-matched DC locos.

timwatson

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 706
  • Respect: +331
    • N Scale Rail
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
0
Is this a Kibri walkway?

Safety First!

Tim Watson
My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nscalerail/sets/

Technology, new ideas and model railroading.

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »
0
I'm going to need a lot of ARMN reefers to serve the packing house district in Edison, so I've started a program to lower them, add body-mount couplers, and tag & weather them.  Here are the first two (still need to rust the second unit and add a little more weathering all around):



These are the Blair Line graffiti decals, which are ok, but I'm really hankering to try printing my own soon.

Fantastic updates, as always!
-gfh

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5306
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 01:53:46 PM »
0
Those look excellent Gary, the tagging is very effective.  Print two of those decal sheets to share!

Jeff AKA St0rm

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 520
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +59
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »
0
How about some finishing work on that ceiling / walls / floor? We don't want dust on that new layout.  ;)

I asked a similar question few weeks ago: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg337642#msg337642

I think that Jeff prefers his basement au-naturale.  :)

Yes the basement is staying unfinished. I have flooring pads that will be going down soon but the walls and ceiling are staying as is.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 04:31:47 PM »
0
Spent a bit of time upgrading (body mounting couplers, metal wheel sets, adding detail parts, weathering etc...) some 'foreign road" sleepers that would be found on large, summer time consists of the "Dominion" (and an excuse to run cool cars...) Working on some Centralia cars - IC 6-6-4, a Santa Fa 14 section..... and a few Rapido foobies including a really cool looking C&O duplex....



I'm not really crazy about the ride height so I'll have to do a bit of minor surgery.... but I've always admired this livery and it will look neat in the rear section of an all tuscan Dominion.....
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2779
  • Respect: +144
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
0
That DCC stuff sounds like fun. :scared: I think I'll just stick to keeping a log of speed-matched DC locos.

It gets replaced underwarranty since I literally bought the decoder the same day I installed it. Just have to send receipt with the decoder.

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

milw156

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +357
    • Modutrak
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
0
I'm going to need a lot of ARMN reefers to serve the packing house district in Edison, so I've started a program to lower them, add body-mount couplers, and tag & weather them.  Here are the first two (still need to rust the second unit and add a little more weathering all around):



These are the Blair Line graffiti decals, which are ok, but I'm really hankering to try printing my own soon.

Fantastic updates, as always!
-gfh
Are those Intermountain cars?

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14003
  • Respect: +4179
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
0


How about using re-railer tracks ..

also, think about an auto rack facility for the empty space

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +910
Re: Weekend Update 10/13/13
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »
0
More pics, this time with correct trucks  :D





Bill Denton