Author Topic: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's  (Read 9774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
0
What exactly are the differences between the cars? 

Robbman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3007
  • Respect: +18
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
0
OK, so Robbman either got paid to be silent, is in a coma, or is being held captive against his will.   His "universal truth" is that any bit of foob directly prevents a legit car from being produced.   I don't know the specifics of his interaction with BLMA, but I know there is some, and I feel like he surely protests this at some level...maybe we'll hear from him.   :trollface:


Actually... my universal truth is that if you're going to tool up a car, do that car correctly.  As for this reefer... I'm the reason for 'Foob-a-licious'.  When Craig first asked me, I did say 'Oh hell no!'... but eventually after seeing so many other manufacturers pass off foobs and people buying them in droves, or completely screwing the pooch on the base model and people still buying them in droves... I said, go ahead... but we're going to be straight up front about the foob that it is.

As an aside... I wasn't in a coma, but I had some severe health issues with my intestines and appendix for the last two weeks... blah   

chicken45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4500
  • Gender: Male
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1014
    • Facebook Profile
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »
0
And when foob profits are reinvested into non-foobs, everybody wins!
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

LN2800

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 100
  • Respect: +11
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »
0
...my barrier for purchase is gross errors (like an ACL bulkhead being passed off as a pulpwood car).




Hint: It's not a pulpwood flat...

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »
0
As an aside... I wasn't in a coma, but I had some severe health issues with my intestines and appendix for the last two weeks... blah   

Craig should feel really bad for what he's done to you...   :-X

In all seriousness, sorry for your ailments...that could not have been a good couple of weeks for you.  Hope you're feeling better.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Robbman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3007
  • Respect: +18
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »
0
Craig should feel really bad for what he's done to you...   :-X

In all seriousness, sorry for your ailments...that could not have been a good couple of weeks for you.  Hope you're feeling better.


I am... SO much better.  Thank you!

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
0
So what exactly is different again? 8)

Robbman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3007
  • Respect: +18
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »
0
Here's two-thousand words worth  :P






Smike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 821
  • Respect: +198
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »
0
So what exactly is different again? 8)

The straw comes out the other side...

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
0
Meh, those two cars are close enough for most.  That orange juice car will look snappy and the BLMA car is very well done.  I'm still getting my head around a unit train of orange juice.  Thankfully it is not in tankers!

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11587
    • Conrail 1285
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »
0



Hint: It's not a pulpwood flat...
in Enola, no less. Interesting. But if you read the copy on the back of the box, that doesn't seem like what they were going for.

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 08:33:19 PM »
0



Thankfully it is not in tankers!




« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:34:55 PM by Bob Bufkin »

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
0
Good grief.  I love that juice.  This is not what I wanted to see...   They probably backhaul glycol  :trollface:

chicken45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4500
  • Gender: Male
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1014
    • Facebook Profile
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:28 PM »
0
We need a Vaseline branded tank car.
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »
0
Never seen one of those tankers.  CSX does add container cars on the rear of the empty train.