0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Well, things are calming down for me now, got some rearanging done around the layout.Havn't had time to work on it for a couple months.Did start Kitbashing some Atlas double door boxcars to to AA/MI 6000 series box cars.Does anyone know of a way to lower or replace brakewheels on the ends of freight cars?I might just leave them high, and not worry about it.Fred
Nothing picture worthy - but installed a 12 foot 8 track staging yard on my lower level
Not a model shot but I thought folks might enjoy seeing a photo of an historic event that occurred in Golden, Colorado this weekend
visions of Narrow Gauge HO scale dance through my head
Welcome to The Railwire Fred. I recognize your name from the Atlas Forum.As for your question about lowering the brakewheels, the obvious solution (obviously) is to cut/file off the brake hardware and ladder. This is a pain if you are doing a bunch of them. Another idea is to see if any of the Intermountain boxcar ends match your prototype. If I recall correctly they come without the end details attached, so it is a simple matter of filling the holes and swapping them out for the Atlas ends. Just a thought.Best wishes, Dave
Mike - Where did you get the two hole cable stanchions for the bridge in the photo?