Author Topic: Weekend Update 6/17/12  (Read 16897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9967
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2887
Weekend Update 6/17/12
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:53:10 PM »
0


Richie Dost

superturbine

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +62
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »
0
Here is one of the first pics I have of the Niagra I have cast and installed on a modified GS4 mech, tender is not yet.  Soon I will work on a FEF1 body and tender for you Richie.  I have been down for a while... 4 kids four and younger will do it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:50:45 PM by superturbine »

superturbine

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +62
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 08:36:38 PM »
0
My other project is a set of EF1's.  These are the pilot models and still need adjustments ......such as the drive shaft length to close the gap between the units.  I am happy with the way they run and pull which is a major obstacle.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:50:30 PM by superturbine »

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +914
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
0
Working on a phase III RS-3. Why is it that everyone that makes an Alco Road Switcher does the phase I carbody?

Bill Denton

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9967
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2887
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
0
Thanks Superturbine .


Richie Dost

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
0
B&O bi-level with new Trinity RAVE doors.

Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


ednadolski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5080
  • Respect: +2096
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
0
Bryan! You are the unrivaled and undisputed Autorack King!  How many of those buggers have you done anyways?

Awesome work as always!   8) 8) 8)

Ed

Wardie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 396
  • Respect: +34
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »
0
Working on a phase III RS-3. Why is it that everyone that makes an Alco Road Switcher does the phase I carbody?



Are you going to do the angled number boards? Someday I need to do a pair of phase 3 RS-3s myself.

OaklandScottie

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 12:58:39 AM »
0
Got my 2nd D&RGW SD45 in the mail today. My roster is finally taking shape. Now i just need some damn tunnelmotors!!!

I gotta say, this weekend update thread and the amazing work posted here weekly is a major motivator for getting back into N-scale. Keep up the awesome work, guys!

:D

Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 01:14:14 AM »
0
I would have gotten some modeling done but I had to go on a train ride!
More photos in this thread. https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=26468.0



Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bc6

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 281
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
    • PRLX Leasing
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 01:57:26 AM »
0
I finally built the Kato Manning Oak layout now I need to clean up the layout. I built 3 Pikestuff kits & two DPM kits, not a bad week.

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 02:12:31 AM »
0
Quote
Working on a phase III RS-3. Why is it that everyone that makes an Alco Road Switcher does the phase I carbody?

In the case of the RS-3, it might be due to the fact that the carbody filter arrangement varied according to the customer.  On the CPR and PGE the carbody filters were all in a row.

Nice work - I have two RS-3s to rebuild with new carbodies and upgraded details.


Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

GP38-2freak

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 122
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 03:15:41 AM »
0
I installed four rslaserkits flat car deck conversions to some of my flats and even when they not look prototypically it is amazing how to come away from the plastic look...hope to se more of your modeling results

Tim

Alwyn Cutmore

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 03:26:05 AM »
0


I saw an article the other day on the Phase 3 RS3s of the PRR. The problem with the PRR RS3s is that the headlight lenses are on the wrong plane. Look forward to seeing the finished item. What road?

Regards

Al

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Weekend Update 6/17/12
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
0
Bryan! You are the unrivaled and undisputed Autorack King!  How many of those buggers have you done anyways?

About fifteen modified/kitbashed/scratchbuilt, with another ten or so in various stages of construction.  About half of them are door corrections, which is easy to research because of their AAR codes in the ORER.

Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale