Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Atlas getting a little grumpy?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
4
Go Down
Author
Topic: Atlas getting a little grumpy? (Read 7361 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
SkipGear
Crew
Posts: 2431
Gender:
Respect:
+647
Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
on:
July 11, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
0
When the Bachmann announcement was first posted, I posted a topic linking to it. I was jumping around to other forms to post also so I didn't look to see that it posted, I hit enter and went on to the next. I came back about 20 minutes later and noticed that my post didn't go through so I reposted it. It lasted about half the day, then disapeared. Shortly after I got PM from Atlas to stop posting the link to Bachmann. I complied and replied that I only reposted it because I didn't realize that the first one was deleted but thought it just got lost in the ether.
Now they are getting grumpy and locking topics about announcements at the show. I think there may be a little underlying Kader hating going on at Atlas right now. It's understandable with what they have been going through but when it shows on the forum, it doesn't look good for them.
Logged
Tony Hines
sirenwerks
Crew
Posts: 6037
Gender:
Respect:
+510
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #1 on:
July 11, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
0
IMO, the moderators are getting both pretty heavy handed and soft at the same time. They let the drooly, drippy, religious-doped talk go on, but make other stuff disappear, or like you pointed out, lock it down.
Logged
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Brakie
Crew
Posts: 637
Gender:
Respect:
+4
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #2 on:
July 11, 2011, 10:44:38 PM »
0
I have notice if you rant and rip other manufacturers products they are slow to react..They're mighty quick to delete a link to a new announcement.
Logged
Larry
Summerset Ry.
Chris333
Crew
Posts: 19617
Respect:
+6938
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #3 on:
July 11, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »
0
They deleted my Bachmann link as well... Oh well.
Logged
tom mann
Administrator
Crew
Posts: 10921
Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
Respect:
+1017
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #4 on:
July 11, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
0
Looks like John Sing just got suspended over there.
http://forum.atlasrr.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66559&whichpage=4
http://forum.atlasrr.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66578
«
Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:59:37 PM by tom mann
»
Logged
http://www.weatheringfactory.com
http://www.chicagoswitching.com
victor miranda
Crew
Posts: 1604
Respect:
+2
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #5 on:
July 11, 2011, 11:16:40 PM »
0
I suspect....
and based on nothing except guesses...
that B-mann is managing to get new products to market
and Atlas is unable to get new products during the same time frame.
on a very technical point...
at least one link was to a b-mann forum topic.
(it happened to have the announcement link in it)
an in the past Atlas has allowed us to post such links.
so yeah, grumpy is a good description.
With cause, I must also add.
victor
Logged
up1950s
Crew
Posts: 9966
Gender:
Respect:
+2885
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #6 on:
July 11, 2011, 11:21:45 PM »
0
My guess beyond the rules being not followed repeatedly , Atlas was a bit put off by all the first page Bachmann buzz , though they were tolerating it . They did warn , and after the ultimatum they had to pull the trigger .
Logged
Richie Dost
sundowner
Crew
Posts: 1266
Respect:
+148
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #7 on:
July 11, 2011, 11:26:37 PM »
0
Atlas did say that the next person who posted a link would be suspended.
But considering the crap that Kader is putting a few of the MR manufacture through I would be grumpy to.
Logged
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.
Chris333
Crew
Posts: 19617
Respect:
+6938
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #8 on:
July 11, 2011, 11:34:22 PM »
0
Exactly which rule does posting a link to Bachmann violate?
http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/forumrules.asp
Logged
SkipGear
Crew
Posts: 2431
Gender:
Respect:
+647
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #9 on:
July 11, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
0
#16
Other manufacturers are welcome to participate on the Atlas Forums. Manufacturer's representatives should be clearly identified in their profile and their signature. Manufacturers are also permitted to make announcements of their new products, provided the announcement is a brief statement containing what is being announced, and including a single link to the manufacturer's web site where all of the other information can be found (item numbers, road names, pricing, etc). Follow up questions should be directed to the manufacturer via email or private message. Announcements that do not follow this format, or that are posted by someone other than a manufacturer's representative, will be removed. Discussion of officially announced products will be permitted, but
links to the announcements or product pages may only be posted by a manufacturer's representative
. Posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed. Repeated violations of this policy will result in suspension of posting privileges.
Logged
Tony Hines
Chris333
Crew
Posts: 19617
Respect:
+6938
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #10 on:
July 12, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »
0
See thought I read it all and still missed it.
Logged
victor miranda
Crew
Posts: 1604
Respect:
+2
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #11 on:
July 12, 2011, 12:06:32 AM »
0
hi skipgear,
you end up taking my word for this detail.
the one link I saw was to the b-mann forum.
In the past Atlas has allowed that kind of link. (to a foriegn forum topic)
now in the spirit of rule 16.... the topic of the b-man forum was
something like "new products" and there was a link in the b-mann forum to
the announcement page, but it was not a violation of past atlas forum policy.
to answer your original question, yup Atlas is a little grumpy and I feel they have cause...
does make one wonder why however...
victor
Logged
Chris333
Crew
Posts: 19617
Respect:
+6938
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #12 on:
July 12, 2011, 12:16:45 AM »
0
The link I had was to the Bachmann PDF file. I guess Atlas can do whatever they want, but I had no idea it wasn't allowed.
Logged
SkipGear
Crew
Posts: 2431
Gender:
Respect:
+647
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #13 on:
July 12, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
0
Victor,
The original links I posted and had deleted were to the forum, not to the actual announcement. All I said was Bachmann has announced the new product on their forum, you can see it here, and linked to the forum topic. They deleted a complete topic with 15 replies for that one and I got a slap in the wrist message.
I thought I was abiding by the rules at the time, and I knew the posting rules, thus I didn't post directly to the announcement, just where you could find it.
«
Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:54:07 AM by SkipGear
»
Logged
Tony Hines
sirenwerks
Crew
Posts: 6037
Gender:
Respect:
+510
Re: Atlas getting a little grumpy?
«
Reply #14 on:
July 12, 2011, 12:44:50 AM »
0
This may be splitting hairs, but John's stuff never claimed to be an official announcement or referred to one, they were photos of new products at a public event. Photos taken by attendees with permission.
Logged
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
4
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Atlas getting a little grumpy?