Author Topic: Walthers announce "New" structures  (Read 9332 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Walthers announce "New" structures
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:46:45 PM »
0
http://www.walthers.com/exec/page/videos

Maybe not so new, but at least it's something that hasn't been available in awhile. They are about 3 minutes into the video.

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
0
Grand Junction COMBO depot look great, hope the price is....

Roger Holmes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1270
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +739
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »
0
I've had the "Combo Depot" on my layout since 1970 when it was produced by Revell.  It was quite decent for the time.  All the molded on wall detail (electrical boxes, etc) won't be up to current day standards but still a blast from the pat!
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
0
I like the redone HO American cranes....I had hacked mine all to ***** and installed a can motor and new gears.

Video only plays to the subway  entrances for me so I can't see the new n stuff!
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19617
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
0
The N built-up stuff looks like crap.

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
0
Walthers should change its business description, from a seller of hobby products to a plastics recycler.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12281
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11771
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 08:17:44 PM »
0
Man, I really want to be on Walther's side, but they keep flipping us off.  I gave their rep some gentle constructive feedback during the NSE Convention regarding their N scale structure selection.  "Oh, yeah, we're working on that..."

Right.

Wlal13again

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +47
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
0
Man, I really want to be on Walther's side, but they keep flipping us off.  I gave their rep some gentle constructive feedback during the NSE Convention regarding their N scale structure selection.  "Oh, yeah, we're working on that..."

Right.

Ditto..I told them I`d take them serious when they take us serious..
You`ll never find a Philly cheese steak on a menu in Philadelphia. It`s called a cheesesteak and we all know where it`s from...

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:55 PM »
0
I will have to get the water tower, the station is interesting also.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 10:51:24 PM »
0
I will have to get the water tower, the station is interesting also.

Brian,

Just like the eastern cabooses, you can find the original Life-Like kits of these structures at the shows pretty easily. Better, you can beat Walthers to the punch on the rest of its "new" N scale structure releases and find the rest of the N scale Life-Like structure line Walthers will likely be reintroducing as some form of cruel joke on us later in the next century.

I tried to speak to a Walthers rep once about N scale, but he wasn't much into conversation:

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »
0
Walthers doesn't seem to take notice when N-scalers speak maybe its time we quit being nice and become openly hostile.  A few choice words, spoken a bit louder than a typical conversation, might just convey our distain for them.

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
0
Rather than just bad-mouthing them on the forums, you need to call and send emails or post on their FB page.

Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 03:03:58 AM »
0
Rather than just bad-mouthing them on the forums, you need to call and send emails or post on their FB page.

I think that most of us are just fed up with Walthers. I am from Milwaukee originally and have always felt a bit defensive when people complain about Walthers and Kalmbach. Heck, I may be one of the few people who still think that Bud Selig is a good guy (even if he has been bad for baseball). Many of us have contacted Walthers repeatedly over the years. I have personally spoken with Stacy Walthers-something for 30+ minutes at the last two Trainfests. Where has this gotten us in N scale?  I would say almost worse than nothing.  A rerun on kits so old that I can't remember seeing them before ? That would be great if they were of high quality, but they aren't.  Meanwhile in HO they have cool product after cool product. These guys know how to do it! Anyhow, that is their business model. They are free to do as the please but we are free to complain when they offer products such as these in N. Contact them directly if it makes you feel better but don't expect them to do anything other than pretend
to listen.   


Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

conrailthomas519

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 343
  • Gender: Male
  • BNSF / Montana Rail Link
  • Respect: +13
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »
0
Hi guys another newcomer here. Include me into the group of Nscalers who are ignored by Walthers. I went to Walthers to check out the place. While I was there, the rep asked me to take a questionaire. One of the questions asked " What would you like to see in N scale?" I responded more Cornerstone series structure kits much like what you announce, offer and make in HO scale. Well that was 2 summers ago. Still Nothing NEW.......
TMM

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Walthers announce "New" structures
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 06:52:28 AM »
0
Many of the Walthers kits have a lot of common parts with other kits ..   they are great sources of parts for kitbash projects .. rather than wait for them to build new stuff ... make something out of what your have .. for example, the ethanol plants, looks like a lot of that could be done with a combo of parts from other kits ..   

For example - here is a work in progress on my cold storage facility .. this is one walthers kit that I expanded by using the parts from the rear ..