0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Joe,While I understand what you are saying agree to a certain point I fully believe until we unite as one voice we will continue getting crumbs since most manufacturers has cut back on N Scale production or tickle our ears with "exciting plans for N Scale" while cranking out new HO models which may not sell or worst recieve bad forum reviews from the detail gurus...Maybe that's the key we are overlooking by being too nice or by defending the manufacturer...I don't know but,I have contacted several manufacturers and recieve that age old "we have exciting plans for our N Scale line " reply..Maybe they don't realize we have money to spend too?
Rather than just bad-mouthing them on the forums, you need to call and send emails or post on their FB page.
...we go through a useless exercise trying to force a company to produce product they can't pay bills with.
This needs to be reproduced at the start of many threads at Railwire (and elsewhere) that go on for pages with no regard to this very hard reality.
Shipsure wrote , I guess what I am saying is that we go through a useless exercise trying to force a ...
I respect Joe's opinion I don't doubt many of the things he says. I'm pretty sure Walthers is HO centric and that doesn't help the N scalers in the organization nor help us get things done. I just don't see how the latest Cornerstone announcement would sell better than some of the HO structures done in N scale. He also said the following, "You can't use the smaller companies as a indication of how N is doing because their overhead is much smaller than the "traditional" manufacturer." Based on the past he maybe right, but they are getting products done that have been shunned by others or put on the back burner and they have appeared to have done resonably well with them and that maybe where a good part of the future in N scale is headed.
"Better take your magnafying glass, those things are small."
...Craig and others don't have to worry about supporting hundreds of employees and that gives them the opportunity to do some of this amazing stuff they do....Joe
Trying to force is a exaggeration . Posts and eMails are requests , suggestions , votes , etc . By your standards a wink is a conjugal encounter .
Some people also seem not to read explanations when they are presented. As Joe stated, the larger companies don't have the luxury of producing items that have longer ROIs when they have greater monthly expenses (i.e., building leases and employee salaries) to be concerned with.
Again, if you don't run a business like a business than you are going to be flawed. If you are into selling HO because that is what you model than you are in a flawed business model. If I had my way Kato would ditch HO and spend that money on more U.S. N scale and Walthers would leave N scale to those who can actually handle it.