Author Topic: Weekend Update 4/10/11  (Read 7741 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Weekend Update 4/10/11
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »
0
Show and tell time again .


Richie Dost

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 07:08:07 PM »
0
Mods and progress on UP 105
 

 








Richie Dost

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »
0
Mods and progress on UP 105
 

 








Looking great, I wish I could devote half to the time you do to building projects!  Time is just ticking away to fast.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

nscalesteve

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »
0
did build and paint a lot the past week but didn't manage to finish something for 'show and tell'...
...let's have a look back to the year 2008






Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
0
I just got older (47)...$#@$%#@%$#!@%$$#
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
0
I finished the kitchen floor!  I actually started this project in December 2008, when I thought that ripping up the original tile would revel hardwood flooring.  It didn't, so we had a partially finished floor until this past Wednesday.   ;D. My wife loves me. ;)

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »
0
Ritchie - those get better every time.

Pud- I'm running behind ya (I'll be 40 in May).

went to Timonium today - film of results shortly.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »
0
This week I applied decals to BCR C-630M 701:




Paint touch-ups, weathering and a final seal coat are next.


Tim

T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +914
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
0
I've been on a passenger car streak lately. Here's a GN coach from Centralia Car Shops. I cut the skirting away and added steps under the door (after carefully cutting that part of the skirting). Also changed out the trucks to American Limited and body mounted some Z couplers. Oh, and I also and cut some of the window shades away to add some variety. A pretty easy project compared to most of my builds!

Bill Denton

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 08:13:43 PM »
0
Happy Birthday, Puddlesborough!  I spend the day out in the yard pulling weeds, and contemplating the rotting sill under the front porch.

I'm hoping that someone donates 200 square feet of tongue and groove old growth fir the ReStore soon...

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

dwyaneward

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 47
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2
    • http://kdrail.blogspot.com/
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
0
Couple of photos of were I am on the layout








Need to build a bridge for this area to complete the mainline



Dwyane Ward | Fairview, TX.
-------------------------------------
http://kdrail.blogspot.com/

BCRail_FSJ

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 357
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +553
    • Trying to model the BCR Fort St John BC (again)...while living in Australia (what could possibly go wrong?)
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »
0
Put some more time in on track laying and wiring at Taylor.  I have the main, sidings and spurs elevated at different levels which looks quite good in person and in photos.







I have requested a ballast transfer to be sent from Chetwynd to shore up the newly laid track.  Tim will be helping me out with that next weekend.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:29:56 PM by BCRail_FSJ »
Attempting Canadian prototype modelling in Australia

British Columbia Fort St John Subdivision
https://nscalefortstjohnsub.wordpress.com

ArtinCA

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 246
  • Gender: Male
  • Get over it, they're not going to make that!
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:10 AM »
0
Here's a bridge for you..  ;D Finished my Central Valley bridge. Nice kit that went together well.


Art in Iowa
Modeling in N scale
Go full foobie or go home!!
http://adventuresinmodeling.blogspot.com/

James Costello

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1956
  • Respect: +535
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »
0
No modelling for me, but a lot of driving and photography. Picked up our rental car in Denver on Tuesday and after checking our Rocky National Park and Caboose Hobbies, we headed west to Moab UT on Thursday, north to Ogden UT on Friday, north to Missoula MT on Saturday and north to Whitefish MT today. Highlights include the former DRGW over Soldier Summit, the small yards at Grand Junction and Helper, the railway museum at Ogden (including a former Rio Grande SD40T-2 and Espee SD45), MRL facilities at Missoula and the BNSF yard at Whitefish today has been really easy to shoot. I'll be checking it and the surrounds out tomorrow morning before we follow the BNSF to Glacier and the Isaak Walton Inn tomorrow.

Here's a shot of this afternoons exploration:



After a few days around Glacier we head west to Portland and hopefully an a$$-hats west meet up. I'm not even sick of eating and drinking in brew-pubs yet. The Wild Huckleberry beer I had tonight from the Great Northern Brewing Co was amazing....  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:05:10 AM by James Costello »
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Weekend Update 4/10/11
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 01:45:57 AM »
0
Nice stuff everyone.

Made some progress on Franksville. Lumber yard is coming together and I decided to build another lumber shed behind the main building. Also made progress on another building - pics later.



More info here: http://therailwire.net/forum/index.php/topic,17191.240.html