0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Couple of photos of were I am on the layoutNeed to build a bridge for this area to complete the mainline
I have requested a ballast transfer to be sent from Chetwynd to shore up the newly laid track. Tim will be helping me out with that next weekend.
No modelling for me, but a lot of driving and photography. Picked up our rental car in Denver on Tuesday and after checking our Rocky National Park and Caboose Hobbies, we headed west to Moab UT on Thursday, north to Ogden UT on Friday, north to Missoula MT on Saturday and north to Whitefish MT today. Highlights include the former DRGW over Soldier Summit, the small yards at Grand Junction and Helper, the railway museum at Ogden (including a former Rio Grande SD40T-2 and Espee SD45), MRL facilities at Missoula and the BNSF yard at Whitefish today has been really easy to shoot. I'll be checking it and the surrounds out tomorrow morning before we follow the BNSF to Glacier and the Isaak Walton Inn tomorrow.After a few days around Glacier we head west to Portland and hopefully an a$$-hats west meet up. I'm not even sick of eating and drinking in brew-pubs yet. The Wild Huckleberry beer I had tonight from the Great Northern Brewing Co was amazing....
Gary, 171 cars is par for the course on CN. Anything under 100 cars is a local!
...either that or the other 71 cars are down in the ravine... ;D(Saved you some typing, there, Pud!)
Here's a bridge for you.. ;D Finished my Central Valley bridge. Nice kit that went together well.
that is one schmick looking layout even without all the track down, nice work
One of the highlights was a monster CN grain train: 171 cars, over 11,000 ft long, cruising down the canyon at 40 mph with only 3 units for braking. Gutsy.