Author Topic: Big Kato Announcement Coming????  (Read 22397 times)

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +406
Re: Big Kato Announcement Coming????
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 05:54:19 PM »
No, I had Ed pegged as OCD, but based on Jamie's clue..."might be another electric loco. Might be an olympian-sized effort on Kato's part."

The Milwaukee EP-2 or Bipolar was the loco of choice for the Olympian.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +1331
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »
Maybe Kato is being bought out by Horizon! :D
Route of the Alpha Jets

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »
If true, MILW seems to be getting all the passenger train lovin' at the moment, and proves that Kato is playing follow my leader with FVM. ;D

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +605
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »

We'll find out tomorrow?   :P ::)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +733
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »

We'll find out tomorrow?   :P ::)

Your post hurt my head . Had me wondering who really was the owner of the original ad , then there wasn't Kato trackage .

ljudice

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 07:01:22 PM »
Guys, this is the entire message.... Horizon is NOT part of the passenger pre-order reminder, it is the second of two major headings.  "Pre" is capitalized too...

• Upcoming Pre-order closing dates

Amtrak Modelers: The pre-order deadline for hobby stores to reserve their copies of the upcoming N scale GE P42, Amfleet, and Viewliner Phase IV Locomotive and 5-Car Sets will be closing soon. If you were planning on reserving a copy at your local hobby store, be sure to let them know before the 23rd of September (next Thursday)!

• Big News on the Horizon

Keep your eyes peeled to our website and to your e-mail inbox in the next month - We've got a doozy coming down the tracks for you!

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +150
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 07:49:47 PM »
Guys, this is the entire message.... Horizon is NOT part of the passenger pre-order reminder, it is the second of two major headings.  "Pre" is capitalized too...

• Upcoming Pre-order closing dates

Amtrak Modelers: The pre-order deadline for hobby stores to reserve their copies of the upcoming N scale GE P42, Amfleet, and Viewliner Phase IV Locomotive and 5-Car Sets will be closing soon. If you were planning on reserving a copy at your local hobby store, be sure to let them know before the 23rd of September (next Thursday)!

• Big News on the Horizon

Keep your eyes peeled to our website and to your e-mail inbox in the next month - We've got a doozy coming down the tracks for you!

Hmmm, the W is capitalized. That's obvious proof that they're hinting at the HiaWatha, because HiaWatha has a W in it too, in the middle, where it would look just as stupid being capitalized. Gotta be the Hiawatha... It's just gotta be... I mean, come on, if they don't do it first Walthers (OMG, another W, this is kismit) will. (Yea, right)
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +236
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
I am tired of tease announcements.... and the 7 page threads they create...........announce; don't announce but stop the "tease"...it's n scale, they don't sell squat.

Signed "Mr Grumpy". >:(
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »
The lead up works great when the thing being announced is what you want. BUt the fall is that much more for those disappointed. The tactic can backfire pretty easily.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

victor miranda

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 08:11:39 PM »
a big W

you never heard of an atWantic ?

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 08:18:17 PM »
a big W

you never heard of an atWantic ?

LMAO! Okay Elmer.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +605
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »
Your post hurt my head . Had me wondering who really was the owner of the original ad , then there wasn't Kato trackage .

With apologies to Craig, I should add...  Just a wink at the recent spate of Doppelgangers.  I suspect Kato has something original planned.

Dave V

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +3640
    • Dave Vollmer's N Scale Pennsy
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Harkening back to the suggestion this could be an electric...

IF it were an electric, how could it not be an E33?  Sure, I'd rather an E44, but the E33s give you SO many roadnames:

VGN, N&W, NYNH&H, PC, CR...  The E44 in contrast gives you only 3 roads:  PRR, PC, CR.  How about variations?  I know that by Conrail, there was a mix of blue can openers and black "CR" patch jobs, so that's only 4 variations for the E44, versus many more for the E33.

Oh yeah, and there's got to be a demonstrator for the E33, right?

What would this mean to Dave?  Well...  Lancaster County, PA, and the corridor between it and Philadelphia was a big part of my formative memories from infancy all the way to today.  Although I grew up on Long Island, both sides of my family hailed from the Lancaster area (and still do) and so we made several trip several times a year, sometimes by train (including the Broadway Limited!).  And every year since birth but one has found me at Lehman Place Junction on the Strasburg Railroad,, craning my neck to see an Amtrak train under Pennsy-strung wires.

The lack of electric locomotives in N scale has made modeling the Harrisburg-Philadelphia corridor an easy option to discard.  The lack of PRR-style catenary in N seals the deal...  for now.  Kato's GG1 is perhaps the finest running and best looking locomotive I own.  It's screaming for a couple of feet of PRR-style catenary.  But GG1s and E33s available, plus a Kato/Micro-Ace Japanese boxcab painted up as a PRR FF2 or P5a foobie would push me over the edge.

At that point, I would be willing to scratchbuild a few styles of cat poles and then cast them in flexible resin.  It's been a dream to do that, actually, at some point, to the point of maybe selling said castings (with piles of free "test shots" to select asshats).  BUT, alas, my life is far too chaotic for a business venture right now!
Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +733
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »
Wasn't there a big W made of palm trees in that star filled move , what was that , "It's A Mad Mad Mad World" . Maybe Kato is going to try and palm something off that never existed .

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:03:09 PM by up1950s »

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 09:02:35 PM »
I was thinking of an E33 or E44 myself.  Rumors is that Bachmann was going to do the E33, so Kato will probably beat them to the punch.  Would go with their new PC stuff they are getting into.

As for the W palm trees in a movie, it was A Wild Wild Wild World.