Author Topic: Kato Amfleet Set  (Read 6574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Kato Amfleet Set
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »
0
Amtrak Amfleet Train Set (Will come in one of those book binder type cases they used to do.)

Will Include:
1 P42 PH IV Loco-
1 Baggage-
1 Amfleet II Coach/Cafe-
1 Amfleet II Coach-
2 Phase IV View Liners

MSRP: $250.00

Delivery February 2011 (Order Closing Date September 22)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:20:57 PM by Chulvis »

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11876
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
0
I don't have any stake in this but is buying a set the only way to get the Amfleets?


Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11596
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
0
Viewliners too? No *****!

I have no dog in the first round hunt (I'm waiting for the older 80s era stuff), but this sounds like it'll be pretty cool.

With these two cars, Kato has pretty much ALL of the AMTK cars it'll ever need to put together all sorts of cool stuff.

Early era with Es, GG1s and heritage fleet cars.
GG1s with HEP cars (wouldn't surprise me if they did one if they decided to do this) and Amfleets.

F40PHs, Amfleets and Viewliners.

Shoot, it also isn't too much of a stretch to think that they might some day do the AutoTrain.

Of course, that's a lot of "coulds". I just hope enough modern guys buy these to make them worth continuing investing in.

Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
0
I don't have any stake in this but is buying a set the only way to get the Amfleets?

Looks that way on the first run. I'm a little surprised by this but it's still a pretty cool set.

Robbman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3007
  • Respect: +18
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »
0
I need some 70s Amfleets for my SDP40F that I'll get around to pestering M4D to do for me.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
0
That's baggage - not Amfleet Baggage...

This is something, actually this is EXACTLY the train I wanted, how could that happen???

Very close to the Cardinal...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:24:57 PM by ljudice »

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
0
I need some 70s Amfleets for my SDP40F that I'll get around to pestering M4D to do for me.

Not to change the subject, but you guys need to do some CSX slugs first...

Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »
0
That's baggage - not Amfleet Baggage...

This is something, actually this is EXACTLY the train I wanted, how could that happen???

Very close to the Cardinal...

You're right. I got carried away with the excitement....not really

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »
0
So, Kato does the F40PH, and DOESN'T do Amfleet cars to go with them. Of course you could buy this set and throw out the locomotive. Very mysterious, these Orientals.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 03:53:36 PM »
0
Looks like an off-season silver train. Going to have to get one set and be hopefull they do a 4 -car add on set of three Amfleet coaches and an extra Viewliners.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 03:55:38 PM »
0
Looks like an off-season silver train. Going to have to get one set and be hopefull they do a 4 -car add on set of three Amfleet coaches and an extra Viewliners.

Exactly - also as I noted this is the near exact consist of the Cardinal (Washington- Chicago via the old C&O route)

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
0
Phew.  That saves me some cash this fall.  I just need 4 coaches and a cafe.  Guess I can wait. 
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

oakcreekco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +133
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »
0
Another "passenger train" from Kato :o

IMO, good for "N" scale overall. It will sell well.
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »
0
Woah woah woah...Viewliners????????

While I would prefer Phase 3 stuff, Phase IV was beginning to become very popular on Northeast Direct stuff in the time frame of my layout.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:51:45 PM by Ian MacMillan »
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »
0
Nice set but way to new for me.  Viewliners should be a bit hit.  Here's the Cardinal a few months back, coming and going.





Starting to get expensive for you Ed?