Author Topic: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars  (Read 1145 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« on: September 04, 2026, 01:27:28 PM »
+3
...patterned after the PRR PB70 and the Z74D business car!

Plus, 5-car passenger sets!

https://broadway-limited.com/pages/n-rolling-stock-and-passenger-cars





Multiple road names!

Exceiting news, espeically for us Pennsy guys. There's never been a PB70 done in N scale before!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2026, 03:45:27 PM by GaryHinshaw »

Peter Amling

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 183
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +40
    • Pioneer Trains
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2026, 01:40:11 PM »
+1
This is exciting news! First real heavyweight combine in N scale.

Can anyone tell the difference between the 1940s version and the 1950s version? They look identical. Is it between Gold and imitation gold?
Pioneer Trains
www.pioneertrains.com

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11879
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +943
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2026, 02:25:33 PM »
0
Nice, looks like my Lima MPB70 is about to become surplus. :D

The N&W combine is "close enough" for my needs.  8)

https://broadway-limited.com/products/10799-n-w-coach-baggage-combine-1506-1950s-appearance-n-scale

The N&W business car is tempting (1950s appearance)

https://broadway-limited.com/products/10775-norfolk-western-business-car-200-n-scale

I am currently modeling the "modernized" version of 200 (rebuilt in 1955 to "smooth side" appearance) - so still might pick up one of the BLI versions model one of the non-modernized versions. Of course, all the other N&W business cars had flush roofs on the front which would require a "fix" (as opposed to "rounded", which is actually correct for #200).

Good times! (especially for PRR)  8)

Mark



pdx1955

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 687
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +477
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2026, 02:44:11 PM »
0
I saw the announcement earlier today and thought there will be some happy RW guys!

I looked up the specific SP business car listed since I have the SP Official Cars book and its pretty similar with the modernized round roof. It's good for mid 60s or later and will be a good addition to the fleet with the older  Kato business car.
Peter

"No one ever died because of a bad question, but bad assumptions can kill"

reinhardtjh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3157
  • Respect: +423
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2026, 04:31:51 PM »
+3
Well.  This is going to hurt the wallet.  :scared:

Take note that if you're looking at getting the 5-car sets and some of the individual cars like the PB70 or Z24d, that one of the separate cars is the same number as in the 5-car sets.  If you order all 3 (1 set, 2 individual cars) you will end up with duplicates.

This is in reference to the PRR sets.  The other sets don't have the individual numbers listed for the Coach/Baggage or the executive cars so it's impossible to tell if there will be duplicates.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2026, 04:50:08 PM by reinhardtjh »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

dem34

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1885
  • Gender: Male
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1451
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2026, 06:58:45 PM »
+2
Surprised they aren't selling the P70s as individuals again.
-Al

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2026, 07:07:54 PM »
0
Oh boy. Just got done adding car to car gap reducing replacement steps to my two P70’s. I knew I kitbashed my Z74d too soon!

This set is a great add.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2026, 07:22:41 PM by Lemosteam »
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

Maletrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4226
  • Respect: +902
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2026, 07:50:44 PM »
0
If they do them in B&O paint, I will be in for several, even though they would be slightly "foobie" stand-ins for the B&O.

Some day, I may still cut up my stash of 3 door "horse" baggage cars and paired window coaches to make correct B&O combines, but I am getting old, and there is much left to do.

At least, now I can be sure that Micro Trains will never make one, and pretty sure that Micro Trains by Atlas won't choose to compete with BLI on this.

towl1996

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 818
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +186
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2026, 08:48:58 PM »
+1
I kitbashed both of these cars, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see them being offered, but I am. Hopefully, BLI will offer a B70, seems like a natural progression now. And I kitbashed one of those too and some others.

I assume the road numbers on the P70 are new, I'll have to check.





Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2026, 09:58:10 PM »
+1
Looking forward to picking up a PB70 1950s version.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


apudelek

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 96
  • SPF with just a bit of NH...
  • Respect: +284
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2026, 11:00:27 PM »
+1
I'm in for at least 2 or 3 PB70s and a Z74 for sure.

Maybe we'll get lucky with a B60 in a couple (dozen) more years...  I just keep telling myself this lol.

Glad we are getting a real combine in N finally, and with portholes!


Andrew

The Gotham Union Terminal Co.

Modeling the Passenger Operations of the PRR & NH in Electrified Territory

learmoia

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4663
  • Respect: +1284
    • The Youtube Channel
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2026, 06:13:33 PM »
0
If they haven't done it in HO, you won't see it in N scale..
It turns out you can get black confetti in the shape of d'cks...

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2026, 08:53:47 PM »
+5
Since these will be coming out again, I can only assume that the coupler spacing and design was not updated. That being said, I finally finished a project I have been wanting to complete since I redid the resistors in the cars to tone down the lighting. I have replacement steps with integrated coupler holder that glues in after some minor surgery to remove the old coupler and steps.

The process can be reviewed from the link on my product page.

Here is a @cbroughton67 image of the out of the box car spacing.



Here is a picture after the new steps are installed:



Same pic with a white background.



Here is a short video of the pair running on the Lavis Junction and the upper inner curve is around 11” radius.

John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2026, 08:57:46 PM »
+5
I'm in for at least 2 or 3 PB70s and a Z74 for sure.

Maybe we'll get lucky with a B60 in a couple (dozen) more years...  I just keep telling myself this lol.

Glad we are getting a real combine in N finally, and with portholes!

I have mentioned this several times now. My goal is to have a B60b available in kit form by the end of the year.
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

apudelek

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 96
  • SPF with just a bit of NH...
  • Respect: +284
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2026, 03:46:14 PM »
0
I have mentioned this several times now. My goal is to have a B60b available in kit form by the end of the year.

Just trying to make sure you stay on your production timeline, John! Lol...


Andrew

The Gotham Union Terminal Co.

Modeling the Passenger Operations of the PRR & NH in Electrified Territory