Author Topic: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars  (Read 1146 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2026, 04:25:42 PM »
0
I have mentioned this several times now. My goal is to have a B60b available in kit form by the end of the year.

Great! If you mentioned an R50B as well I missed it…

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2026, 08:03:13 PM »
+1
Nope, but it’s on the list. Might be able to do a layered conversion on a 50’ boxcar. Ground-up designs take a while. Just ask John  Columbo.

But I need both eventually as well.
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2026, 09:58:53 AM »
0
Anyone able to tell from the HO version what the difference is between the PRR late 1940s and PRR 1950s sets? The paint looks identical. Assuming it's to do with underbody details? A/C versus "raw?"

learmoia

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4663
  • Respect: +1284
    • The Youtube Channel
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2026, 04:01:02 PM »
0
I understand the logic of offering the business cars individually..
And I can see a reason to offer 5 car set..

But I don't understand why the combines are sold individually but not the coaches..
It turns out you can get black confetti in the shape of d'cks...

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3531
  • Respect: +391
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2026, 11:36:51 AM »
0
What is also interesting is that they have duplicated road numbers from Micro Trains on the ATSF & Northern Pacific. I would have to check on the NP if it was MT or Lowell Smith’s release. 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2026, 11:47:16 AM »
0
I asked my question out on Facebook among the various PRR modeling groups and the consensus was that the late 40s version would have immunization imitation gold leaf lettering and the 50s version would have buff lettering. Based on that information, I pre-ordered the 1950s version.

I probably didn't need the 5-pack as I already have three BLI P70s, but fortunately the road numbers don't overlap.

More and more I've been daydreaming about a more permanent N scale PRR layout in some future house back East that would have sufficient size and trackage to justify a much more robust roster. It would have scenes from both the electrified territory and the Middle Division to Altoona, some prototype and some freelanced. I figure under than scenario, there's room for lots of P70s!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2026, 02:31:11 PM by Dave V »

robertjohndavis

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 275
  • Respect: +185
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2026, 01:27:24 PM »
+1
immunization gold leaf lettering

Best. Spell correction. Ever.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: Broadway Limited Imports...Heavyweight Combines/Observation Cars
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2026, 02:30:43 PM »
0
Best. Spell correction. Ever.

Ha! Missed that. So strange. Will fix.