0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Some other BLI's N scale models (IIRC P5a electric) also used similar design where the middle driver is a "dummy" - strictly cosmetic without touching the rails. Not sure why they thing this needed to be done.
On another note, anyone else notice the middle two drivers don't actually touch the rail? This is most evident by running in one direction, stopping, and reversing direction. The third driver will spin in the air until the slop in the rods runs out and then the fourth driver will begin to turn and actually drive the loco. Is this typical of BLI steamers? The only steamers I've owned up to this point have been the Kato GS-4 and FEF-3, both of which have suspension of sorts to equalize the drivers, and the 3751 clearly has no such engineering.
Am I seeing a (perhaps somewhat too thick) traction tire on the 4th driver? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me again?
Your eyes are not deceiving you.-Mark
I don't currently have mine. The motor stopped working, so I had to send it back for a replacement.-Mark