0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Got mine today and so far it's doing really well on the "Kato Test" (out of the box, onto rails of questionable cleanliness, and then turned loose at speed step 1). Two hours so far and only one stall on a turnout.-Mark
This is just with straight through-the-wheels electric pickup? No keep-alive circuit in it? That's impressive.
I haven't opened up the tender yet, but BLI's marketing spiel claims "Extra Built-in Capacitance for more Consistent Electrical Pick-up".-Mark
But maybe they did actually modified their Paragon 5 decoders and added even more caps than they had in the past.
Peteski, there is no Paragon5. Not yet, anyway. Maybe it'll be AI? -Mark
Mine arrived today! My first BLI loco and steam, at that.3759 “ in service”… but when?As built-73” driversJust before WW2 - rebuilt with 80” drivers.I got mine to ‘stand in’ as a later class-during the last months of revenue steam on the Santa Fe - Autumn of 1957, in helper service from Belen, through Abo Pass/Canyon, up to Mountainair.Mine will do the same; assisting Santa Fe perishable trains led by ABBA F7s through “Arbo Canyon”!
Thanks, Bob. There are no preinstalled hoses, so I guess it's a DIY project. I do see three holes back by the tender coupler where you could conceivably mount something, but I don't see any vacant holes on the pilot.-Mark