Author Topic: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!  (Read 12720 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2026, 11:48:06 AM »
0
Exciting news! I wonder how much you’d be able to refine the aforementioned ribs. Additionally there’s a horizontal rib feature on the doors below the porthole window I’ve never seen before. Is there a prototype for that?

nickelplate759

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3845
  • Respect: +1592
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2026, 11:57:57 AM »
0
Can we get a better pic of this? My eye is seeing striations and I want to think that's wrong.

Pretty sure that photo is of the original Shapeways print, in which case striations would be expected.
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2026, 12:08:48 PM »
+1
Early stages, first print. yest the painted model is Michaels Shapeways print as mentioned in the original post.
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11879
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +943
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2026, 03:29:30 PM »
0
Thanks John!


towl1996

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 818
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +186
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2026, 06:20:32 PM »
0


Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2026, 07:21:36 PM »
0
Somethig is off in either roof height or end contour?  Maybe more arch on the end, will help the look of the roof end transition. 

The Walthers HO model is rendered pretty well:


apudelek

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 96
  • SPF with just a bit of NH...
  • Respect: +284
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2026, 08:39:21 PM »
0
John, I think we are all pretty psyched that you and Michael were able to make this happen for us.  Thank you, sir.  I'll be in for *at least a few* if not more lol.


Andrew

The Gotham Union Terminal Co.

Modeling the Passenger Operations of the PRR & NH in Electrified Territory

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2026, 02:51:05 PM »
+7
Update on the B60b design.  The first print was a test, but the print file was cobbled.  I have since remastered the entire kit design.  Some of the prior comments here and on Facebook have been implemented into this latest design.  The kit will now feature a snap on roof, poseable porthole and panel sliding doors, and improved main panel topography. The shell will mate to both an MT 905 Z Scale coupler or an MT1123/25 N scale coupler. Only a few things left to design and implement: separate lower steps, and holes for wire grabs.  I will likely include a jig for fitting grabs into for mating to the car.  Below are side views of the porthole door and panel door Messenger versions.  A clerestory roof version will be available later or as a separate, interchangeable part. like the 2D-P3 trucks. The kit will come as a non-Messenger version with drill dimples inside the roof to make the Messenger version. Printing of this design will commence tomorrow, if I have time.




John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2026, 04:40:56 PM »
+2
I'm super stoked! I suspect these will render crisper and truer than the resin kits from Hell Gate Models. I still have an unbuilt one of those.

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2026, 08:37:20 PM »
0
Hmm, maybe the road machinery there is made of iridium?  :trollface:
Maybe the Pennsy was first to dabble in the funnel flow flatcar design?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2654
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1026
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2026, 11:26:42 AM »
+2
Awesome! Looking forward to these! Im going to get at least 2, if not more. I want one to have for my generic PRR passenger train, and I need at least 1 for my ATSF fast mail, to join the X42.

Mail train.....Hmmmm...... maybe will need more of these than I thought.....

Edit: Ok, actually went and looked at the consist notes I made the the Mail train I want to model, the1952 Fort Pitt mail train..... Yeah, That train alone I need 9 B60B, with one being messenger. I also beed to track down a B70, and a  BM70M, I have everything else.

Yeah.... John, youre gonna get a mess of money from Me 🤣🤣
« Last Edit: September 27, 2026, 03:35:47 PM by delamaize »
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2026, 11:31:16 AM »
+1
Not sure you'd want to get a F31 from them.  Look at their finished model on the website

https://viceheadresinworks.com/products/n-scale-f31-container-car

I briefly looked at some of the stuff they had on their table, too many items were noticeably warped.

I'll be honest, those images of warped product have certainly stayed my hand a few times. It also helps that that container service had largely ended by the beginning of my era. Still, they are a uniquely Pennsy prototype that--if done well--fills a gap in N scale Pennsy.

You know what else we're desparate for in N scale though?

F30D TOFC cars...  :D

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2026, 05:43:32 PM »
+6
Yo, check it... A PRR P70fR made by modifying an MTL heavyweight with Keystone Details balloon roof and 2D-P5 trucks:


Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11879
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +943
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2026, 08:22:07 PM »
+1


Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26113
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11615
    • Conrail 1285
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2026, 03:13:59 PM »
+10
Since we're showing off our Keystone Details goodies... Seidelmann Run features has two KD products.

The most obvious is the KD-0018 30' Cut Stone Arch Abutment.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

But much LESS obvious is the KD-0010 PRR Mile Marker Post right by the lead unit here. It's subtle but I love it.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]