Author Topic: The get off your butt and complete a project challenge!  (Read 6890 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

learmoia

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4663
  • Respect: +1285
    • The Youtube Channel
Re: The get off your butt and complete a project challenge!
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2026, 05:16:45 PM »
+2
After 8 months of burnout working on Model Railroad stuff, I finally sat down and forced myself to re-learn 3d Design in FreeCad and design the Federal Mill Elevator at Lockport, NY..

Nothing fancy.. just a general representation of the facility..
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I thought about using the Heljen/Walthers Heartland Coop.. but it would be way too small, and the prototype is different enough, I decided to 3d Print it.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

It turns out you can get black confetti in the shape of d'cks...

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1516
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1380
Re: The get off your butt and complete a project challenge!
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2026, 12:12:17 AM »
+5
Another car done.  I received this particular car when I was a young child but ten years? fifteen years? ago, I decided to strip the paint and make an accurate PC car.  And then it sat there... until this week. 



It technically still needs fading and weathering, but I'm posting this now incase I screw up that part and the car disappears for another ten years.   :P
Aaron Bearden

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12348
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8596
Re: The get off your butt and complete a project challenge!
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2026, 04:14:43 PM »
0
Another car done.  I received this particular car when I was a young child but ten years? fifteen years? ago, I decided to strip the paint and make an accurate PC car.  And then it sat there... until this week. 

It technically still needs fading and weathering, but I'm posting this now incase I screw up that part and the car disappears for another ten years.   :P

Aaron,

That’s some excellent paint and decal work there.  Very crisp details.  Looks better than any prototype PC piece of rolling stock ever did.  :P

Kudos,
DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1516
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1380
Re: The get off your butt and complete a project challenge!
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2026, 09:26:19 PM »
+4
Thanks.  A cheap cell phone camera hides many sins.   :D

I did the weathering and fading this morning.  Now, it's officially done.

Aaron Bearden

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1516
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1380
Re: The get off your butt and complete a project challenge!
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2026, 09:09:58 PM »
+5
Way back in 2013 or 2014, I decided to disassemble this car to use it for weathering practice.  And then it sat in a box until this week when I finally got around to weathering it. 



 
Aaron Bearden