Author Topic: Ohio N Scale Weekend Still a Go in May!  (Read 747 times)

bman

• Crew
  • I gotta have more Conrail!
  • Respect: +102
Ohio N Scale Weekend Still a Go in May!
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:37:48 AM »
+1
Morning everyone. Just wanted to give a quick shout out for my club's event being just outside of a month away. This year was supposed to be the 13th annual but the 12th last year got cancelled along with most of 2020 as we all know. The event's listed here on TRW at https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=51644.0

Info on the show and current restrictions we in Ohio have to operate by can also be found on the club blog at http://www.centralohiontrak.org/p/central-ohio-ntrak-n-scale-weekend.html

Our club TTrak coordinator Andy is in the planning stages for the TTrak layout. If you have a TTrak module and are planning to attend the weekend please contact Andy at bellboyracing@gmail.com to let him know how many and what types of TTrak modules you will be bringing.

If you have any questions feel free to message me here or via our blog.  Thanks your time and hope to see ya there. Or is it here?  Either way stay safe.

bman

• Crew
Re: Ohio N Scale Weekend Still a Go in May!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 12:29:29 PM »
Just a quick heads up. If you are planning to register for the weekend and wish to purchase this year's t-shirt we need to have your registration in hand this coming Thursday April 29th. The colors are yellow with black lettering. There will be a limited number of shirts on sale during the weekend but they usually sell out fast.

See ya there!

btrain

• Crew
  • Modeling mile a minute manifests at a snail's pace
  • Respect: +173
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 07:08:31 PM »
Sweet, sending my registration in the mail tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
Nickel Plate Road in Bellevue Layout: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=40849.0

R L Smith

• Crew
  • Respect: +269
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 01:02:50 PM »
Mailed my registration in today!  I'm looking forward to it, and I think The Better Half is looking forward to shopping for a couple of hours after dropping me off at the gate...   :scared:

RLS
ELHS and NMRA member

If the women don't find you handsome, make sure they find you handy...

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 01:48:53 PM »
I went to a train show for the first time in over a year in New Braunfels, Texas this past weekend. It was very nice to get out and browse the tables of overpriced trains from the early days of N scale. If Ohio was closer to me I would definitely go, I did miss train shows.

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +267
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 08:04:22 PM »
Ya mo be there. We all need this gathering badly, especially with the Pensy version a no go. If you can find a way to get there, its personally recommended. Bring a train to run. Its about hanging out and enjoying N scale. Oh, and do bring your wallet. There just might be a train or two to buy... And if you can stay for the auction, its great fun. Hopefully the weather will be good Saturday night for it.
Buffering...

ksmiley

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 09:14:46 AM »
Planning on being there. Sounds like layouts and vendors, any clinics at all? Looking forward to it.

w neal

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 10:27:28 AM »
+1
Not to my knowledge, at least not the last several years. It'd be cool if they did. To be fair, I think the staff is kept quite busy as is. But the overall theme is more about running trains and fellowship. I think the key is to feel free to strike up a conversation with another N scaler. One fellow was running a very nicely weathered NS "top gon" train. I gave him compliments. He, in turn, refered me to another club's member. That person was kind enough to spell out exactly how he did it, right down to paint manufacturer and the PSI he used on his airbrush! I think thats the kind of spirit you'll find here. N scalers who want to help others. It may not take the form of formal clinics. I've found a unique atmosphere of fellowship among some of the clubs and attendees. My feeling is that we all need this interaction as we enter this (hopefully) post covid era. So I suggest to pose your questions to several people and take some ideas from several.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:33:08 AM by w neal »
Buffering...

w neal

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 11:22:57 AM »
Oh, and I'd like to point out something amongst the vendors. Based on the last several year's shows I've attended, I think you'll find the N merchandise here to be more on the quality side of the scale, and less on the junky side. I believe its a case of mostly N scalers selling to other N scalers. We all know what the crappy stuff is, and you should find much less of it here, cause frankly Scarlett, it won't sell - much. Its not the general train show flea market atmosphere. Its scale specific. So I'm not kidding when I say bring your wallet. I've found some real gems at this one. Some quality items you thought were long gone might just appear, so be ready. And as I already said, a few show up at the auction too. If they bid up too high, well, its still fun watching the bidding wars between rival club members anyway. :) I mean, what else ya gonna do on a Saturday night. You've already watched everything of Netflix by now anyways.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:24:38 AM by w neal »
Buffering...

bman

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »
Planning on being there. Sounds like layouts and vendors, any clinics at all? Looking forward to it.

Sorry there are no clinics at the event. I can make a note to r-evisit the idea for the 2022 edition planning sessions.  We're kept quite busy putting on the weekend. Well, that, running trains and catching up wth the friends we've made over the years. And lightening our walets too.  :D

Safe travels to those who are headed to the show and see ya soon.

btrain

• Crew
  • Modeling mile a minute manifests at a snail's pace
  • Respect: +173
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 11:52:21 PM »
I’ll echo what @w_neal said here. It’s an excellent show! The hosts have done a very good  job in showing a variety of layouts and vendors. The atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back, and there’s no shortage of layout operators willing to talk about their projects. Visiting the show in years past really  opened my eyes to the potential of N scale, and helped me get started on my layout.
Nickel Plate Road in Bellevue Layout: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=40849.0