Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11425
  • Respect: +2893
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2020, 10:06:14 AM »
+2


I'm so weirded out right now.

The party room I sort of understand. Just be glad that there isn't a stripper pole... visible...   :facepalm:  :trollface:
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »
0
The party room I sort of understand. Just be glad that there isn't a stripper pole... visible...   :facepalm:  :trollface:

What do you think those are?

Welcome to Baltimore.

ksmiley

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 48
  • Respect: +24
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »
0
I've been working on trees. Twisted wire armatures, florist wire, very soft, easy on the fingers. Made some goop up from spackle, white glue and grey grout to hide the wire twists and fill out the trunks and limbs. Some fluffy packing material from a jewelry box, teased out and stretched over. Held on by hair spray and sprayed black initally. Going to add a light coat of camo green and some fine ground foam for leafy material. Work in progress.

CNR5529

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Respect: +691
    • My Shapeways Store
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2020, 11:23:23 AM »
+9
I started work on a small project that's been on my mind for a long time... adding a load to my P.V.R. gondola. Most of you will remember that Pudd worked the paper industry for a number of years, so I figured a pulpwood load would be appropriate, to send raw materials to his mill.

This year I remembered to cut a bunch of branches off the christmas tree before putting it out for mulching. Took a while to dry out, but last night I was able to chop a bunch of the straighter branches into fairly uniform lengths with the chopper. In this part of the world, pulpwood is typically cut to 8' lengths, which fits neatly in gondolas sideways. Many railroads around here used logs to vertically extend the height of the gondola end walls, until eventually changing to other more suited car types.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I still need to glue this load together properly, and weather the car, but I like the effect of actual wood logs so far.
Because why not...

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »
+1
I started work on a small project that's been on my mind for a long time... adding a load to my P.V.R. gondola. Most of you will remember that Pudd worked the paper industry for a number of years, so I figured a pulpwood load would be appropriate, to send raw materials to his mill.

I can think of no more fitting use of that car!

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11425
  • Respect: +2893
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »
0
What do you think those are?

Welcome to Baltimore.

:D

Nah, couldn't be. Those are to keep the first floor from falling into the basement, just gussied-up. You'd get rope burns from wrapping your legs around those and doin' the sliding moves. Stripper poles are brass or nickel plated. Platform, too. But you know all that.  :P
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

Rossford Yard

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1201
  • Respect: +165
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 01:35:50 PM »
+1
I work from the house anyway, so no projects here, other than having done some CAD planning of my possible railroad extension from the next room (former storage converted to my railroad, into my office, which shall remain, but be shrunk by an expanded railroad in other areas except my desk.

Idle thought, and I don't know where to put this, but will the CV-19 be another nail in the coffin of the LHS?  I have to admit, I did go to a shop on my last biz trip, but suspect most people will start or increasing orders via the net now that we are encouraged not to leave the house.  And, at least in my experience, once you do it once, and find the ease, you will certainly start doing it more.  Thoughts?

trainforfun

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1905
  • Respect: +98
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 02:22:28 PM »
0
(sigh) I'd really love to have an all-encompassing project right now. 

I made the decision about a month ago that soon after the Sub's tours for the Nashville convention (if it happens) I would take it down - can't sell a house with a layout, already know that.  The wife wants a single story house.  Period, end of discussion.  And given that, it would be foolish to embark on anything new.

That is so sad ...
Will go thru that in a few years I think .   :|
Thanks ,
Louis



trainforfun

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1905
  • Respect: +98
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »
+1
Modules man! Modules!!! Free-mo. TTRAK. Whatever. I'd hate to see your awesome work (for what you can salvage) and talent (for what you can't) go away!

Yes I agree with you !!!!!!
Thanks ,
Louis



wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »
0
What do you think those are?

Welcome to Baltimore.

And more specifically, Glen Burnie... :trollface:

All that plastic wrap makes me wonder if that's not where this whole virus thing got started in the first place...  Having seen some of the crowds in there, it wouldn't surprise me...
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Roger Holmes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1270
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +739
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2020, 04:51:54 PM »
+2
Almost finished with filling this blank canvass in preparation for our round robin club's bi-annual visit on April 6 that isn't going to happen.  We're mostly too old with too many underlying health issues to risk having the meet until this corona stuff passes.



In the meantime I have over two dozen Just Plug lights to wire up under the table.  Most are street lamps and goosenecks that have the nearly invisible magnet wire that has to be inserted into spring clips-- no easy task for bi-focals. 

Photos soon.
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

w neal

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1434
  • Respect: +483
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 08:42:51 AM »
+3



Buffering...

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2020, 09:35:45 AM »
+1
I've got another Corona project, although it's not exactly modeling.

It's long been a goal of the CRHS to get its archives online.

Well, we finally found a platform we like so I've been playing with it. Got all 1800 cataloged records imported into our dev environment yesterday. You can take a look: https://crhstrial.omeka.net/

Don't share it around yet since that's the dev version, but I wanted to share.

greenwizard88

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 297
  • Respect: +63
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »
+1
Before and after.

I'm also working from home, so I've been going for the really difficult stuff. :p

If you zoom in, you can see it's a SEPIA trolley. From Sillydelphia, obviously.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 10:22:21 AM »
0
I'm just running trains on the retro rig like a mad man while I'm hunched over the console designing additions and houses that hopefully I'll still get paid for...

Very therapeutic.

Of course, one challenge is to get to the mailbox before Rho does now that she's working from home...  There's at least one more small package on its way that represents money that might have been better spent elsewhere... :D

One project I'd like to get to is setting up a photo backdrop, maybe my TTrak modules or something else, on which to take portraits of the ever expanding retro fleet.  But so far I haven't found time to do it, and it always seems to be raining when it might work out.


Lee
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:26:59 AM by wm3798 »
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net