Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 8187 times)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +1895
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 01:47:24 AM »
I labored under a headcold for most of last week, started feeling better yesterday.
Probably psychosomatic, but I'm starting to feel like crap again.  First confirmed case just announced in my locality...

I work from home, and I have a gob of it lined up, so as much as I'd like to treat it like a vacation, I'll probably just run what I have so I can watch it out of the corner of my eye...

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +337
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »
Two symphony concerts for me this weekend ... ( as a performer)

No cancellation even with the new CDC guidelines of no more than 50 people congregating?

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1217
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 08:31:42 AM »
Two symphony concerts for me this weekend ... ( as a performer)

Our orchestra has just cancelled its current set of rehearsals and concerts - sigh.

No cancellation even with the new CDC guidelines of no more than 50 people congregating?

Saw that news last night. The revised guidelines means with our last concert scheduled for 5/5, the season is over. We can't even rehearse anyway due to the numbers on stage. I also play in a couple of chamber groups, one quintet is booked for 4/10 at a church where I also have a solo feature on the program. Churches are about the only gatherings consistently exempted - and they shouldn't be IMO. Anyway, the hornist also common to both groups planned to be traveling this week. If she didn't cancel her trip (you listening, Diane?), I'm going to bow out of rehearsals for obvious reasons and pretty much plan on the special service being canceled anyway. :|

So... lots of freed-up time in the offing here, too, evidently. More than I thought there would be. Should run to the DIY store for the paint I use on benchwork legs and get crackin' on the new peninsula. It'll involve some creative destruction, but the splicing shouldn't cut into any running track. Turned on the Photon a couple of days ago to make pieces for a structure kitbash. Test piece (larger than my usual) came out fine, so tweaks to the artwork and a day or two or five to print, post-cure and paint, and I might be able to check one off the endless list.

Armchair railfanning also working out, don't even have to leave my seat here in the (home) office to watch trains. I stumbled into revised settings on the railcam at the studio and it's now possible to leave the stream up at home. [CN northbound as I was typing this. Mixed manifest scooting briskly through town, a single new Toaster on the point, a Toaster-something in the middle.]
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. We just don't tell anybody. -Bob Ross

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +337
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »
I hear ya' Mike.

My son is the First Chair Violin in his high school Orchestra.  Every May they have a Spring Strings Concert for the parents and anyone who lives in town.  The teacher is amazing and for the past three years we have been treated to this event every year.  He has been First Chair since he was a Sophomore, which is unprecedented in the school as that honor is usually not bestowed on someone so young (usually to a Junior of Senior).

They were going to do a big send off for him in the concert as he goes off to college.  He doesn't know this.  I'm thinking the concert will be canceled.  And it brings a tear to my eyes that he will not experience this at all after working so hard all these years.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Has a degree in American History & Culture.
  • Respect: +2605
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 09:23:50 AM »
Our orchestra has just cancelled its current set of rehearsals and concerts - sigh.

Hi Ed:

Nice looking work train!  having incorporated work trains into most of my op sessions, you will no doubt have some fun with it!

Tim

Thanks!
That's the hope. I figured if I'm gonna be messing up people's days with it, it might as well look good!

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 11:53:23 AM »
Haven't noticed: Considered essential personnel. I work in IT at a University and everyone is scrambling to put everything on-line (I'm been saying that we needed to do this for 10+ years) but I now specifically work with printing and scanning...with nobody at the campus, it's awfully lonely. I did get more than a little done on the master bathroom update over the weekend but that momentum has been broken.
Sacramento Valley NTrak

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +205
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 03:37:50 PM »
No down time here ...

Mark

PAL_Houston

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »
The world as we know it is on hold for a few weeks. What are you doing with your extra down time?

2019 Federal Income Taxes.  :(
Regards,
Paul

dem34

• Crew
  • Respect: +89
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »
The world as we know it is on hold for a few weeks. What are you doing with your extra down time?

Working till one of my at risk co-workers drops, bunch of random little hobby related things not worth their own posts. Ex: Had a broken Badger 150 Dual Action airbrush, was rummaging through the attic, found a box of spare parts for the exact same model of airbrush. Thing now works like a champ. Assembled some 1016 couplers. And hopefully soon try to handlay a #6 Turnout with a fast tracks fixture. I've failed twice so it can only get better from there.
-Al

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +317
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 07:41:35 PM »
+4

sorry friends, but somebody has to do this, so might as well be me....

I finished the Corona project and will be starting a Guinness project in honor of St Patrick's Day.

Tom D.

fcnrwy23

• Crew
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 08:23:37 PM »
pass
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:13:40 PM by fcnrwy23 »

Dave V

• Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +4532
    • Dave Vollmer's N Scale Pennsy
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 08:47:19 PM »
+9
I’m building D&RGW C-25 #375 in HOn3.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

PiperguyUMD

• Crew
  • Respect: +301
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 09:09:26 PM »

I put bread on the table as a freelance musician - that and teaching. I was booked solid until mid may. Currently the next thing on my calendar is my Easter gig. I'm gonna need more flex track if I'm not going to be working for a month  :|

ksmiley

• Respect: +5
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 09:58:57 PM »
Working on wire armature trees

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +142
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 10:16:33 PM »
Yay Dave.  I'm excited for that project!

Erik
My D&RGW layout  . . . and other stuff
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w243/drgw55/