Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 45849 times)

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +717
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:55 AM »
The wife wants a single story house.  Period, end of discussion. 
Would installation of a stair-lift change her mind?

Mark W

• Crew
  • Respect: +2125
    • Free-moNebraska
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »
+6
Since there are no longer any shows to get ready for, my Corona project is finally doing some long overdue inventory.

https://i.imgur.com/lD7DjZm.jpg

And I'm a few days late for this one, but I made an N Scale Saint Patrick and his little Leprechaun sidekick!  8)

https://i.imgur.com/CzD9XA4.jpg
Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

jereising

• Crew
  • Respect: +609
    • The Oakville Sub
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2020, 11:28:20 AM »
I'd do it in a heartbeat but she won't have one.

A bit of the problem is that you have to go up a short flight of stairs from ground level to the first floor - like nine steps - and then fourteen to go up to the second floor (bedrooms and bathrooms) or down to the basement.

She wants a single level house.

And I have thought of modules, Ed.  But I've got to take the Sub down and do the necessary cleanup of the walls before I can consider doing that...

Jim Reising
Visit The Oakville Sub - A Different Tehachapi - at:
http://theoakvillesub.itgo.com/
And on Trainboard:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=99466

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2020, 11:49:51 AM »
A N Scale baby yoda!!!!!!!

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Buffering...

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1530
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »

I want these.  I need these. You need to sell these.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1081
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2020, 12:08:21 PM »
Those files are on shapeways, bit fiddly to get them right. I need to get a picture one of these days on the moderately malformed Mando hiding on my layout.
-Al

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »
I'd do it in a heartbeat but she won't have one.

A bit of the problem is that you have to go up a short flight of stairs from ground level to the first floor - like nine steps - and then fourteen to go up to the second floor (bedrooms and bathrooms) or down to the basement.

She wants a single level house.

And I have thought of modules, Ed.  But I've got to take the Sub down and do the necessary cleanup of the walls before I can consider doing that...

I certainly understand her feelings. Our current home is 2 story with all bedrooms upstairs. My wife has 2 bad knees and I have 2 marginal knees and a bad hip. So we’re in the process of building a new home on some property we’ve owned for 30+ years. It will still be 2 story, but with MBR on the ground floor and spare bedrooms upstairs. One good thing is the mortgage interest rates are at all time lows, but I’m nervous about the supply chain issues during construction.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2020, 02:21:15 PM »
Here's my Corona project:

Seriously... this was bumped up the to-do list because of the COVID-19 mess. Railcam has been working for a while, but I had been procrastinating putting an antenna up for broadcast TV, stepping over the mast hardware and antenna taking up space in the workshop. If one or both of us was going to be confined to quarters, having a working TV in the studio was going to assuage the isolation, at least a little bit.

This project wasn't completely straightforward, taking a couple of days. It involved a bit of rough electrical wiring since off-air TV around here requires an antenna amplifier, and there was no outlet near the antenna coax entry point for it.

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +715
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »
Looking more like D&RGW 375...

(Attachment Link)
Dave,

Looking good.  I can't remember the particulars of this kit.  Did the details come with it, like the air compressor, etc?  Or have those been stuff you've acquired elsewhere?

Erik

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
Dave,

Looking good.  I can't remember the particulars of this kit.  Did the details come with it, like the air compressor, etc?  Or have those been stuff you've acquired elsewhere?

Erik

That air compressor is brass.  The kit comes with no piping and relatively crude details...although the headlight and steam generator were okay enough to use.  It comes with a plastic-molded piece representing twin single-phase air pumps but the real 375 had a cross-compound air pump.  All of the piping here is brass or music wire added by yours truly.  That's also a brass bell.  Eventually I'll replace the whistle with a brass casting too.

Jesse6669

• Crew
  • Respect: +1199
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2020, 02:48:21 PM »
I've got another Corona project, although it's not exactly modeling.

It's long been a goal of the CRHS to get its archives online.

Well, we finally found a platform we like so I've been playing with it. Got all 1800 cataloged records imported into our dev environment yesterday. You can take a look: https://crhstrial.omeka.net/

Don't share it around yet since that's the dev version, but I wanted to share.
Was checking it out, looking at the featured collection.. not sure if you noticed but someone's toes are rather prominently displayed in most of the pictures.. :lol:

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1530
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »
@C855B - at least you have good taste in TV choices . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

Jesse6669

• Crew
  • Respect: +1199
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
+3
Working on the design for a 1:300 D&RGW K-36, building a 1:450 (T scale) Conrail N4A cabin, and working on the Sharonville Engine Facility diorama.  Plenty to keep myself busy!

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +715
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2020, 03:38:13 PM »
That air compressor is brass.  The kit comes with no piping and relatively crude details...although the headlight and steam generator were okay enough to use.  It comes with a plastic-molded piece representing twin single-phase air pumps but the real 375 had a cross-compound air pump.  All of the piping here is brass or music wire added by yours truly.  That's also a brass bell.  Eventually I'll replace the whistle with a brass casting too.

Nice.  In the days of the old Caboose Hobbies in their heyday, I remember spending a ton of time just browsing their HO scale steam locomotive detail parts selection.  It's too bad all those old school detail parts manufacturers seem to be falling by the wayside.

I'm curious Dave, are you feeling any better?  Did they ever get back to you with the results of the test?

Erik

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »
+1
Nice.  In the days of the old Caboose Hobbies in their heyday, I remember spending a ton of time just browsing their HO scale steam locomotive detail parts selection.  It's too bad all those old school detail parts manufacturers seem to be falling by the wayside.

I'm curious Dave, are you feeling any better?  Did they ever get back to you with the results of the test?

Erik

I'm feeling better for sure.  But no test result.  For those of you playing along at home, this marks day 7.