Author Topic: Weekend Update 3/17/19  (Read 9638 times)

Onizukachan

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
Re: Weekend Update 3/17/19
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2019, 03:00:59 AM »
I was torn, on which way to go. I have found period adds for these - in the adds the tracks were silver (natural metal) - I searched in vain, for photos of them coming out of the factory - or, as delivered.  Like you, I know that Cat delivered their dozers in all yellow. So, I essentially flipped a coin -- natural metal tracks won. Perhaps I'll repaint the tracks --

Thanks,
Wolf
Wolf, why not paint them orange, then show just a little of the paint worn off on the very edge from break in running and loading? Would seem to be a good compromise, no?

Onizukachan

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2019, 03:03:59 AM »
This weekend i got the benchwork done for the right hand continuous turn back complete and the baseboard foam cut to fit.  The loop will run in a channel between the main layout and the facia and the sharpie line on the foam is the minimum height to hide my tallest rolling stock. The loop will eventually give me one staging track and a roundy round on what started out life as a switching shelf.  I have a few placeholders in place to see how the landforms will work.

(Attachment Link)

Great idea, I had thought of the same but on the backside of a shelf layout, this looks great!

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »
The bridge is outstanding!!

Wolf

Thanks Wolf, I appreciate that.
I needed something to make all those tracks disappear into the city and under the backdrop, and it works rather well I think, but the city scene itself is a real time hog... still needs a bunch of other buildings, including Union Station flat.
Otto

SP-Wolf

• Crew
  • Respect: +1815
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2019, 12:01:00 PM »
Wolf, why not paint them orange, then show just a little of the paint worn off on the very edge from break in running and loading? Would seem to be a good compromise, no?

Howdy,

You are reading my mind -- that is exactly what I have been thinking about doing. I think, that would look pretty darn cool.
(A quick project for this weekend)

Thanks,
Wolf

Thanks Wolf, I appreciate that.
I needed something to make all those tracks disappear into the city and under the backdrop, and it works rather well I think, but the city scene itself is a real time hog... still needs a bunch of other buildings, including Union Station flat.
Otto

Hey Otto,

Definitely worked -- and, very well. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Wolf