Author Topic: Old Coal Age Magazine Article Help  (Read 188 times)

mstl 246

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Old Coal Age Magazine Article Help
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:58:07 PM »
Esteemed  :ashat: I am asking for help again.

While trying to find information for something else I found a old post on another forum referring to a series of articles in Coal Age Magazine from the early 1930s called "Where Illinois Coal Goes".
The series traces where every ton of Illinois coal went in a year, I figured it might have some great info on rail traffic since there isn't much out there about Illinois coal production.

Coal Age is still around and I contacted them asking if they had a article index, I was informed they do not have article data going that far back.
My local library system also does not have a article index but from them I found out a local university has a complete collection of Coal Age in storage. I talked with the university library and they also do not have a index but would be willing to pull the bound volumes they have once I have more detailed information.

So has anybody come across a reference of the "Where Illinois Coal Goes" article series from Coal Age? Like in a magazine or a bibliography that would have month, year and page information?

Nat

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +237

mstl 246

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Re: Old Coal Age Magazine Article Help
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 09:02:32 AM »
Thanks for the link! I have not read that document yet.

Nat