Author Topic: Weekend Update 2/3/19  (Read 7979 times)

diezmon

• Crew
  • Do they speak English in "What"?
  • Respect: +264
Re: Weekend Update 2/3/19
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:34 PM »
+8
I'm also continuing to weather, and plant some trees
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

R L Smith

• Crew
  • Respect: +499
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 09:57:20 PM »
+4
It's been about 2 years since my EL Southern Tier / Bath & Hammondsport layout met it's demise due to a job relocation. Saturday, electrons flowed to newly-laid tracks in Hammondsport NY. The track gang is now headed southwest to the packing houses in Rheims NY. By late Spring, they should be working up the hill to Bath and a connection with the Erie's Rochester Branch and the adjacent DL&W...

Ron
ELHS and NMRA member

If the women don't find you handsome, make sure they find you handy...

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2019, 10:11:22 PM »
It's been about 2 years since my EL Southern Tier / Bath & Hammondsport layout met it's demise due to a job relocation. Saturday, electrons flowed to newly-laid tracks in Hammondsport NY. The track gang is now headed southwest to the packing houses in Rheims NY. By late Spring, they should be working up the hill to Bath and a connection with the Erie's Rochester Branch and the adjacent DL&W...

Ron

Sweet !  Maybe by then they can come down to the CSX Hanover Subdivision and get them back on track :D

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 11:03:15 PM »
Not so enjoyable is the result of my decal job on the covered hopper conversion project.  More in the AC&Y Layout Engineering thread.  I'll be stripping the side and starting over I'm afraid.

Regardless of your unhappiness with the decal work, your etching worked beautifully, very nice end detail. Not to knock the fine work, but the car truck centers look funny, are they short or is that an optical illusion?

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »

Regardless of your unhappiness with the decal work, your etching worked beautifully, very nice end detail. Not to knock the fine work, but the car truck centers look funny, are they short or is that an optical illusion?
I think it’s due to the missing coupler box.