Author Topic: Need Anycubic Resin Cap  (Read 1338 times)

haasmarc

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
Need Anycubic Resin Cap
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »
Since I got a second bottle of Anycubic grey resin, I put the unused resin from the vat back into the first bottle and just add more resin to the vat from the fresh bottle as needed.  I saw this recommended when I got the resin.  Anyway, the cap on the first bottle broke and I was wondering if anyone who is going through bottles (talking to you Mark  :P) might have a spare cap?
Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!

rodsup9000

• Crew
  • Respect: +642
Re: Need Anycubic Resin Cap
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »
    Marc, your a little too late in the asking.  I threw away 2, 500ml empty bottles of gray last Friday. I'm doing other colors now and won't be going through enough to have a empty bottle soon.
Rodney

My Feather River Canyon in N-scale
http://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=31585.0

Mark W

• Crew
  • Respect: +2131
    • Free-moNebraska
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
Wait... you put the unused grey resin back in the bottle, and re-filled the vat with fresh grey resin?  Who made that recommendation? 
When my first grey bottle came to an end, I simply topped off the vat from the new bottle and gave it all a few swirls with the spatula. 

Nonetheless, I think I have the old empty bottle laying around.  Is yours the black or brown bottle? 
Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

haasmarc

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »
Mark, the bottle is black.  Thanks.

Just thought I would follow the instructions for once.  I believe the idea is to not contaminate fresh unused resin with resin that may be contaminated or old.

Usage:
1. Shake well before use, prohibiting the use of resin in places where there is a lot of sunlight.
2. Wear gloves before use to avoid direct contact with the skin and keep the room ventilated.
3. Inadvertent contact, as soon as possible to use a lot of water rinse. If you feel unwell, seek timely medical attention.
4. Printed models need to use high-concentration alcohol to clean about 30S (recommended concentration of 95% or more, the higher the better).
5. Do not pour the resin in the resin vat into the unused resin, do not leave the resin in the resin vat for a long time without use to avoid resin pollution affect the printing effect(long time without the resin can be introduced into airtight containers or sealed with plastic wrap shading save).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:59:26 PM by haasmarc »
Marc Haas

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4492
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »

3. Inadvertent contact, as soon as possible to use a lot of water rinse. If you feel unwell, seek timely medical attention.

Let me guess - going by the above statements, that resin (and its instructions) come from China?  :D

I don't remember last time I was unwell, but I have felt crappy many times.  But I might be misremembering . . . 
. . . 42 . . .

Mark W

• Crew
  • Respect: +2131
    • Free-moNebraska
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »
Mark, the bottle is black.  Thanks.

Just thought I would follow the instructions for once.  I believe the idea is to not contaminate fresh unused resin with resin that may be contaminated or old.

Ah yes.  Shows how much I paid attention to those instructions..   8)

I think you're right about the warning intention, but as long as you filter it, you'll be good.  Or like I mention, don't even drain the vat.  Unless you're starting a new color or need to filter due to failed print, just start adding the new resin right in with the old and give it a good stir. 
Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2823
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 09:26:32 PM »
+4
you could always print one :) :D

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3025
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
you could always print one :) :D

Now I don't care who you are, but that's funny right there  :D

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +747
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »
I haven't kept old/ new materials separated but I do suspect there's a slight effect with age.  I also didn't have window covers for the first several prints.  I did have the unit out of direct light but there was still reasonable dim light in the area.  All of these things may have some bearing on this and I'm still on the first bottle of green that came with the machine.  I do have the windows covered now and am gaining experience too.  And I'm still reading these posts intently, banking what's been relayed. 8)
Mark G.

haasmarc

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 12:33:12 PM »
Or like I mention, don't even drain the vat.

I was thinking about that.  I have my printer in my spray both, which has doors on it that close, for ventilation.  I was thinking of making a cover that could go on top of the vat, held down with the vat retaining screws, so the resin would be "sealed" and I wouldn't have to empty it when not printing.
Marc Haas

AlwaysSolutions

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »
Once I dust off my FDM printer and get it going again that's one of the first things I plan on printing.  I never empty my vat, and bought a 2nd one so I could have two colors ready without all the hassle.  A cover will keep the dust out, minimize open air exposure, and serve as a UV block for when it's out of the machine.  Lots of win.