Author Topic: Resin Curing Question  (Read 1009 times)

haasmarc

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
Resin Curing Question
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:21:40 PM »
I have an LED UV nail curing box.  I have noticed some things with it.  After 2 minutes of curing, the resin gets slightly warped.  I am using the Anycubic grey resin.  If I spin my print, raft down, on my formica desk pre-cure, there is drag as expected.  When I do it post-cure, the print spins much better because the ends are slightly warped up.  Also, the resin looses its blue tint.  It is much more green/grey.  After several days, the blue tint slowly returns.  I haven't seen where this is an issue, just an observation.

Those of you with non-LED curing boxes, such as the MelodySusie one, have you noticed either of these things?  I am thinking I might try the MelodySusie one, but I thought I would ask the collective here first.

Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5474
Re: Resin Curing Question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »
No warps here, but I pull all the supports off and clean under there before curing.

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +747
Re: Resin Curing Question
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:18:38 PM »
No warps that I can tell but I've been doing small parts, less than 1" x 1" envelope.  Much longer parts might show something but I don't know that.  I'm also not sure that it would matter if it was fitting against another rigid part that would help pull it back in shape once assembled. 

What is interesting is that in the course of cutting the parts from the platform, before they are cured, I have slightly distorted some of the delicate features on parts just from my big fingers handling them BUT... in curing they were pulled back to the original shape, best I could tell.  I guess the molecular pull is where it was from the print exposure and curing strengthened them, pulling it back to shape.  This is with a Melody Susan unit and a solar rotary table.  I have been curing two 1.5 minute cycles on each side, four total.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:22:34 PM by narrowminded »
Mark G.