Author Topic: Will BLI deliver 3 (4?) new engines before Rapido???  (Read 2800 times)

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +303
Re: Will BLI deliver 3 (4?) new engines before Rapido???
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
+1
Just got my Rapido newsletter.  Nothing I could find about the N scale locomotives that they announced that they would announce. (edited when incorrect info was pointed out) Next to last sentence says they will make an announcement in late June. So apologies to Rapido. But a "Pendolino" whatever that is, will be on the next boat from China, assuming it is not embargoed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:59:10 PM by thomasjmdavis »
Tom D.

"The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that doing the impossible is usually more fun." (my college design professor Russell Whaley)

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +69
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 06:45:08 PM »
You didn't read to the end where they mention that the next N scale locomotive is in tooling and will be announced soon.

draskouasshat

• Crew
  • Respect: +262
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
You didn't read to the end where they mention that the next N scale locomotive is in tooling and will be announced soon.

It WILL be a santa fe 3800 class 2-10-2!

Drasko
EFM (Elite Fleet Modeler) member #1
I want a 3800 class santa fe 2-10-2!
Modeling Cajon Pass in 1947

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 08:55:58 PM »
I did read to the end, but you are right that I did not see it.  Although it says it will be announced at the end of June, which is still 3 months out.
Tom D.

"The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that doing the impossible is usually more fun." (my college design professor Russell Whaley)

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +297
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 10:31:43 PM »
Just got my Rapido newsletter.  Nothing I could find about the N scale locomotives that they announced that they would announce. (edited when incorrect info was pointed out) Next to last sentence says they will make an announcement in late June. So apologies to Rapido. But a "Pendolino" whatever that is, will be on the next boat from China, assuming it is not embargoed.

Boat is going to Canada.. not US.. Should be fine..  ;)

This is a Pendidlidolino..
https://rapidotrains.com/pendolino/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:36:48 PM by learmoia »
Don't Neglect the Jewel Case!

lock4244

• Crew
  • Ontario - tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax
  • Respect: +75
    • My train pics
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 09:35:28 AM »
I know some of the guys at Rapido personally, and I have it on good information that the new N scale locomotives are as follows:

1) All new F3
2) All new F7
3) All new PA1

There is talk at Rapido world HQ of doing a E8 as well! Oh, and possibly a coal porter  ;)

Gonna be a great year for N scale!
Welcome to Ontario... we've got a tax for that.
My train pics:
http://tinyurl.com/62uk24
More here:
http://www.railpictures.ca/author/lock4244

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 09:52:13 AM »
I'd actually be pretty pleased if someone did a straight SD40. Kato been sluggish with releases.
My train pics:
More here:

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 10:27:39 AM »
I know some of the guys at Rapido personally, and I have it on good information that the new N scale locomotives are as follows:

1) All new F3
2) All new F7
3) All new PA1

There is talk at Rapido world HQ of doing a E8 as well! Oh, and possibly a coal porter  ;)

What?  No GP-9 or GG1?
Tom D.

strummer

• Crew
  • Respect: +61
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
What?  No GP-9 or GG1?

... :)...

Seems interesting that here are announcements of several "new" locos we already have, plus a very road-specific steamer. I recall a discussion (I think it was on the old Atlas forum), that a new steam engine release was being battered around for having limited appeal; it may have in fact been a Pennsy loco, perhaps the B-Mann K4.

"... the more things change..."

Just making an observation...

Mark in Oregon

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +188
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »

1) All new F3
2) All new F7
3) All new PA1

What, no GG1?  :D

That was a joke, right?
George
(that's my real name)

NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 11:31:07 AM »
... :)...

Seems interesting that here are announcements of several "new" locos we already have, plus a very road-specific steamer. I recall a discussion (I think it was on the old Atlas forum), that a new steam engine release was being battered around for having limited appeal; it may have in fact been a Pennsy loco, perhaps the B-Mann K4.

"... the more things change..."

Just making an observation...

Mark in Oregon
. I am pretty sure he was joking about Es, Fs and PAs, and I was joking about GP-9s and GG1s. My own guess is that whatever Rapido announces, whenever they announce it, it will be outside of my areas of interest due to timeframe and limited roadnames of the prototypes.  But they are welcome to prove me wrong- they make nice stuff, and if they did a prototype used by one of the roads I model, I would be a potential customer.

Tom D.

strummer

• Crew
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »
. I am pretty sure he was joking about Es, Fs and PAs, and I was joking about GP-9s and GG1s.

Oh, I got it. Hence the  ":)" ...

Mark in Oregon  :)

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »
Twas in jest.

I suspect they'll announce the C40-8M in N scale. I'm in for that.

If they announce the SW1200RS in N scale, well, I'll be a very happy camper. Take my money.
My train pics:
More here:

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2556
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
If that list is correct, I'm disappointed in the lack of GG1 (yes, this is a joke).
Seriously, do we need another better E or F unit?  Have some balls guys and produce something unique not previously available in N scale (or at least something that might have been made in N scale long time ago and really needs to be produced using current technology). 

I know this was a pointless rant since whatever locos they will produce are already in the design or production stages.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:  But it made me feel better (and that is what online forums are all about).
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm not negative, just blunt and honest!!!"

strummer

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 01:33:34 PM »
If that list is correct, I'm disappointed in the lack of GG1 (yes, this is a joke).
Seriously, do we need another better E or F unit?  Have some balls guys and produce something unique not previously available in N scale (or at least something that might have been made in N scale long time ago and really needs to be produced using current technology). 

I know this was a pointless rant since whatever locos they will produce are already in the design or production stages.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:  But it made me feel better (and that is what online forums are all about).

I agree with everything you just said.  :)

Mark in Oregon