Author Topic: Will BLI deliver 3 (4?) new engines before Rapido???  (Read 3531 times)

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +83
Re: Will BLI deliver 3 (4?) new engines before Rapido???
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 01:40:23 PM »
First thing I noticed in that video was how clunky standard N scale couplers look to my eye now as other detail gets finer.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +471
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
Something that would be in Rapido's domain, that could be tempting (not really in my timeframe-region, but I could always claim that an AB set had strayed through the tunnel at Sarnia) would be the Fairbanks Morse (and-or Canadian Locomotive Co) C-liners used by CN and New Haven (which appear to be their 2 favorite roads). 

In addition to the real roads, they could issue "nostalgic" paint schemes from the early days of N scale, when Atlas (or AHM in HO scale, not sure if they also marketed one in N) issued them in any and all paint schemes.
Tom D.

If you don't know what it is, don't throw it out.

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +403
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »
AHM never offered their C-Liner in N scale.  The Atlas/Rivarossi C-Liner actually looked better!
If I remember, Atlas offered PRR, Santa Fe, SP (Daylight), Milwaukee (never seen one though) and UP - but NO roads that actually had 5-axle C-liners.

[edit]  The above statement bothered me due to it's incompleteness.  So here's a list of who did have 5-axle C-liners (source is Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_Consolidated_line ):

Long Island RR, New Haven,  NYC, CP, CN.  Also FM Demonstrator scheme (sold to NH and CP)
Only CP and CN had B units.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:47:36 AM by nickelplate759 »
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2018, 01:30:54 AM »
                 :| I would really like to see the Canadian Built LRC and passenger cars Rapido did in HO not too long ago, they taped the sounds of the only preserved locomotive which is in running condition, but then I' am after all a major Passenger Train Geek, Fanzee, what ever. Nate Goodman(Nato). Who will probably have to break down and buy some BLI F Units.  :|

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +218
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 04:05:31 AM »
Something that would be in Rapido's domain, that could be tempting (not really in my timeframe-region, but I could always claim that an AB set had strayed through the tunnel at Sarnia) would be the Fairbanks Morse (and-or Canadian Locomotive Co) C-liners used by CN and New Haven (which appear to be their 2 favorite roads). 

In addition to the real roads, they could issue "nostalgic" paint schemes from the early days of N scale, when Atlas (or AHM in HO scale, not sure if they also marketed one in N) issued them in any and all paint schemes.

Oh no no, not a C-liner in NH green w/ yellow stripes .... Not after all the trouble I've gone through to make a working A unit out of a KATO mechanism (w/DCC), and stripping and painting both its and a dummy A's Atlas/RR shells in that intricate and time-consuming NH scheme ..... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
And even worse -- to make the NH prototype, not the NYC one ..... :RUEffinKiddingMe: