Author Topic: Intermountain tank cars are in...  (Read 3176 times)

N_DaveS

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
    • Potpourri for $500
Re: Intermountain tank cars are in...
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 01:19:43 PM »
+1
Hey folks, the UTLX and Texaco road numbers are back in stock at MBK. 11 each of the UTLX numbers, 6 each of the Texaco.

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »
Hey folks, the UTLX and Texaco road numbers are back in stock at MBK. 11 each of the UTLX numbers, 6 each of the Texaco.
And they're gone again, the UTLX black that is - I think I grabbed the last two.

The Collector's Series seems a bit of a fizzer, which is a shame.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »
I ordered 3 utlx this morning!  I missed the first batch.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Actively hunting sacred cows

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2017, 08:15:53 PM »
Was this from the shipment that was described as being "a large enough quantity of each UTLX road number to not have to scramble to buy one" - or are there still more cars on the way?

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +221
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »
Well I'm pissed. I bought one horse car and had them hold it so I wouldn't have to pay shipping twice, pending the restocking of the UTLX cars. Couldn't get through today. Now the UTLX tanks are gone again. My other pusher is out too. And I'm the guy who was pushing for more plain Jane, black cars. Irritating...
Otto K.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:16:10 PM by Cajonpassfan »

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2017, 11:11:20 PM »
Was this from the shipment that was described as being "a large enough quantity of each UTLX road number to not have to scramble to buy one" - or are there still more cars on the way?

Sounds like there was 12 of each road number for the UTLX - amazing that 72 cars sold out again so quickly. If Intermountain has more, MBK will restock.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +390
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:34 AM »
+1
As recommended up-thread, sign up for email notifications on an out of stock item, and you won't miss it when it is restocked. The email notifications went out Friday morning if I remember correctly, and there were still 11 or 12 of each UTLX when I ordered my two. Most likely MBK will restock again.

You always have the option of buying directly from IMRC.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

muktown128

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2017, 08:10:51 AM »
I signed up for the notification and received an email on Friday.  By the time I checked, there were 10-11 UTLX of each number.  I loaded my cart on my laptop then hemmed and hawed.  Went out for dinner and desert, checked the website again and they were down to 4-7 of each number.  I loaded my cart using my phone and placed an order for 1 of each number plus a Texaco car.  Glad I did. 

Moral of the story - if you really want the item, sign up for the notification and be ready to act fast.

Scott

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +90
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2017, 08:31:03 AM »
I was able to get all six numbers from MBK's first shipment.  I was reading on Intermountain's website during the Amherst show they were shipping to retailers, so I was keeping an eye on MBK and BLW for them to show up.  I when I saw them at Klein's, there were 8 of each road number in stock.  I thought about waiting, but pulled the trigger.  They were gone in a couple hours.  I missed out on the Atlas 11k UTLX cars by waiting.  Klein's had 24 of each road number, and they disappeared in a day or two.  Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

sd45elect2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
I got the UTLX cars in the first group also. I'm not real excited about the Gibson wine or the Bakers Chocolate cars. Maybe I'd get one or two of each?

I found a three car set of Dupont (SHPX) cars on E Bay this morning and got those as well. I did mention to Intermountain at the show that I wish they would do a 10,000 gallon car. I have placed a bunch of the newer Bachmann tanks onto the intermountain underframe and they fit quite well , I don't see why Intermountain can't make another tank for the underframe?

The 8000 gallon tanks are nice but I wish there was a little more variety. Maybe they could change the domes even "

Now I wait for Bryan Bussey's acid tank. That's the kind of variety I'm talking about.

Randy

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +221
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »
As recommended up-thread, sign up for email notifications on an out of stock item, and you won't miss it when it is restocked. The email notifications went out Friday morning if I remember correctly, and there were still 11 or 12 of each UTLX when I ordered my two. Most likely MBK will restock again.

I did know, just couldn't get through their telephole hell. Waited on the phone, in line, for 20 minutes, receiving recorded messages about my position in line, just to get a recording that "that extension was unavailable". Twice. Left a message, no callback. Should have bought on line and pay the double shipping but I was just too annoyed by then. (Just hate paying full shipping charges for the one car they were holding for me to combine with this order).
I guess I showed them :facepalm:
Well, in the big scheme of things, not a big deal...
Otto

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:53:29 AM by Cajonpassfan »

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +1227
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2017, 01:58:14 PM »
You guys could have pre-ordered   :trollface:

peteski

• Crew
  • Respect: +701
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »
You guys could have pre-ordered   :trollface:

Not from MBK.  :trollface:
--- Peteski de Snarkski

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +1227
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2017, 03:15:00 PM »
Seriously I hate pre-ordering, but if I wanted 30 UTLX cars...  I bought 1 UTLX and 1 Cooks paint, from ebay.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +390
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: IM 8k tanks
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
IM recently released new 8k tank cars. I was under the impression that this tooling was damaged beyond repair years ago. Is this new tooling? Did they repair the old tooling?

Am l just imagining things?

The damaged tooling was re-tooled from scratch and not repaired.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net