Author Topic: MTL July - Business Car Roof  (Read 3851 times)

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: MTL July - Business Car Roof
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 12:38:04 AM »
+1
this was tooling commissioned by Lowell Smith and he decided on the window configuration that best fit his needs.

Thanks, Joe.  Sorry for being so hard on MT!!!

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4611
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 01:59:03 AM »
You do this and I'll be first in line for a Harriman roof to fit the RPO, Baggage-Mail and Horse Car.  @Lemosteam  and I have been working (mainly him, I just provided the specs for him) on such roofs.

This proves yet again that once you are getting close to completing a custom project, it will be mass produced by a model RR company!   :D
. . . 42 . . .

Norway2112

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 09:20:06 AM »
This proves yet again that once you are getting close to completing a custom project, it will be mass produced by a model RR company!   :D

You are so right.  But if we stop, then MTL wont make them either....what a catch 22!  :facepalm:

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
You can click on their image and get a larger version that shows the arched roof.

Hi Ryan,

I was responding to this comment from Shipsure:
No they don...ends are unique to the business car as well.
  Please note he did not say: business car and observation...

I wasn't sure if what I was seeing on the MT or MBK sites were actual photographs or artists renderings (given modern technology and Photo Shop, I find it difficult to tell the difference).  I want to be sure what I am going to get, and want to know for sure whether business car roofs and observation roofs are interchangeable.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »
Both Roofs will fit any of the Business/Observation cars we have produced. 

Hi Ryan,

I was responding to this comment from Shipsure:  Please note he did not say: business car and observation...

I wasn't sure if what I was seeing on the MT or MBK sites were actual photographs or artists renderings (given modern technology and Photo Shop, I find it difficult to tell the difference).  I want to be sure what I am going to get, and want to know for sure whether business car roofs and observation roofs are interchangeable.
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »
Shipsure-
Thanks!

Tom D
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »
+1
You do this and I'll be first in line for a Harriman roof to fit the RPO, Baggage-Mail and Horse Car.  @Lemosteam  and I have been working (mainly him, I just provided the specs for him) on such roofs.

I have casting-masters for Harriman roofs that will fit the Diner and the Coach. Working on one of the RPO as we speak. The coach roofs will be the first to be molded and cast. They will be available in single packs, and two packs.

Some Reading Harriman roofs are also in the works.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 01:25:53 PM »
Thanks, Joe.  Sorry for being so hard on MT!!!

Jerry, it keeps me honest :)
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »
The MTL "Round" observation roof will fit some of the other MTL heavyweight cars with minor modification on the platform end.