Author Topic: Body Mounting Tank Cars  (Read 6277 times)

cjm413

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
Re: Body Mounting Tank Cars
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:08 PM »
There's not a part shown in the diagram for body-mounting a coupler. It doesn't look like the assembled versions omitted any parts from the kit.

"Step 2: Installation of Bolsters, Center Sill, and Hopper Gates
If body-mounted coupler boxes are desired, use the bolsters with the integral coupler box lids (i,k) and remove coupler boxes from trucks...."

Also:

"IF YOU FIND THAT A PART IS MISSING OR DEFECTIVE, OR IF YOU SHOULD LOSE OR BREAK A PART, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A REPLACEMENT"

For those of us that were too late to buy kits and bought RTR cars with truck-mounted couplers, it follows that there were no "missing" parts for us to ask for.

For anyone that bought these kits with these instructions, IMRC customer service should have addressed this, whether by clarifying any inadvertent references to parts that don't exist, or alternatively, by honoring any missing parts requests to those that wanted to use them per their own instructions.

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +989
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2016, 02:39:59 PM »
The only Intermountain kits I've built were HO, so the only information I have to work with are those directions and the recollections of those that have actually opened up a unassembled N kit to know what they did or didn't include...

Well the few dozen Original run kits (Soo and blue Santa fe) I've built did not have anything that matches the description on the instruction sheet.
I imagine it was a planned but never put into production option and the instructions were not updated...

I would love to see proof that I'm wrong tho!  :D
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2016, 01:43:05 AM »
They may very well have added the part after I bought mine.  I stocked up when they first came out, then painted/lettered my own cars. 
N Kalanaga
Be well