Author Topic: N scale Untouched/Rare Coalporter Paint Schemes. MFG=$$$??  (Read 1193 times)

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
N scale Untouched/Rare Coalporter Paint Schemes. MFG=$$$??
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:04 PM »
I just noticed Atlas's Trainman Coalporter release with some Heritage Foobs and (at least 1) rare scheme. 

With all the MFGs of Coalporters in N.. What schemes haven't been touched.. (or rarely released)
Not everyone models BNSF...

For me.. it's Somerset Railroad (NYGE):
Released by LBF, Walthers and no Trainman in HO Scale..

But Rare in N (Only done by BLW with special run through LBF)

Still Unreleased in HO and N (Built in '89) (Technically it's a Foob)

Also this would be a stretch but an FVM Silverside side Foob:

Also Conrail:

Are there others that haven't been touched.. (or in desperate need of a re-run)?

~Ian
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:30:39 PM by learmoia »
~Ian

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: N scale Untouched/Rare Coalporter Paint Schemes. MFG=$$$??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »
There's basically one scheme I really really really want, and that is the red/silver CCTX cars.  They look virtually identical to the CHTT cars that Kato did.   I asked Athearn for them, and they granted my wish with the *yellow* CCTX cars.  <sigh>

Other than that, I want more of the BNSF Circle Logo/Small Rotary Flag cars that Athearn did way back when...just need more numbers.  I am also fairly interested in the FURX cars and the TGNX cars that Athearn just announced.   Would also buy some SATX silver/red bethgons.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Wlal13again

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
Re: N scale Untouched/Rare Coalporter Paint Schemes. MFG=$$$??
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »
Conrail only had 2 test cars painted grey, so it wouldn't be hard to release the entire fleet...
You`ll never find a Philly cheese steak on a menu in Philadelphia. It`s called a cheesesteak and we all know where it`s from...