Author Topic: Question About Walthers N Scale Passenger Cars  (Read 768 times)

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +60
Question About Walthers N Scale Passenger Cars
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
I'm looking at some Walthers N passenger cars on eBay, and I was wondering what kind of trucks/couplers they have (Micro-Trains?). I looked on Walthers' website, and found their N cars have all (?) been discontinued. I need some help.

Hmm... Kiz needs help?
I'd better change the
subject before I say
something I'll regret...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +106
Re: Question About Walthers N Scale Passenger Cars
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »
All-New Tooling * Prototype Specific Detail - Skirted or Non-Skirted; - Corrugated or Smoothside * Car Name & Number Decals * Plastic Storage Box * Metal Wheelsets * AccuMate(R) Knuckle Couplers * Superb Paint & Lettering
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +270
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:26:39 PM »
The trucks are spec'ed on Spookshow's website as GSC 41-N.  The coupler pocket looks proprietary- sort of a plastic clip on arrangement for the cover (a couple that I purchased had the couplers come loose during shipping, but everything popped back together with no harm done.

Coach is a NYC 64 seat, sleeper a PS 4140 (10-6) and from what I've read, the baggage car is based on the Chicago Great Western prototype.

As per CBQ fan, the couplers are Accumate.

Nice cars overall.  Too bad the marketing wasn't better.  I bought a bunch (once they were on sale), but apparently not very many other folks did. The sleepers were accurate for several major roads, and close for lots more- they had only scratched the surface on paint schemes.  The coach was (I think) a NYC exclusive, but it has a good look about it- makes a good generic car/foobie/stand in.

Tom D
Tom D.

"The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that doing the impossible is usually more fun." (my college design professor Russell Whaley)

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +106
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Hmm... time for bed...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"