Author Topic: Intermountain October 2013  (Read 2494 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Intermountain October 2013
« on: October 23, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »
0
Mr Wallet seeks asylum... 12 road number of the early RBOX scheme... plus six road numbers of CN boxcars. And at least four racks are of interest  :scared:

http://www.intermountain-railway.com/currentflyers.html

DO NOT look at the ESM stuff... nothing to see there for CR fans.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:53:45 AM by lock4244 »

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
0
A bunch of tank cars to grab, lower, and weather up.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

spookshow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2174
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2465
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »
0
Intermountain is great at announcing stuff, but I'm having a hard time recalling the last time that they actually delivered something?  :?

Cheers,
-Mark

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:07:04 AM »
0
I need more box cars like I need another hole or three in my head . . .   :facepalm:
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »
0
Intermountain is great at announcing stuff, but I'm having a hard time recalling the last time that they actually delivered something?  :?

Cheers,
-Mark

Last month. Bunch of cylindrical covered hoppers showed up at my door.

conrail98

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1462
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
0
I need more box cars like I need another hole or three in my head . . .   :facepalm:

You really can never have enough box cars,

Phil
- Phil

spookshow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2174
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2465
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
0
Last month. Bunch of cylindrical covered hoppers showed up at my door.

Must be locomotives that I'm thinking of. I still have a reservation from 2010 for some C&NW FP7's...

Cheers,
-Mark

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
0
... DO NOT look at the ESM stuff... nothing to see there for CR fans.

I beg to differ.  8)
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »
0
Must be locomotives that I'm thinking of. I still have a reservation from 2010 for some C&NW FP7's...

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the AAR flatcars, standard and with low bulkheads.  The models are spot-on for New Haven prototypes and it's a good way to get a major jump on the NH "Trailiner" TOFC freight consist.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


JMaurer1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1188
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +307
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
0
Dang it, there's three different tank cars that I need to have (two are MUST have's) and in 6 different numbers. I know what I'm getting for Christmas (at least that's how I'm selling it).
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
0
Wow, Domino's sugar tank cars! What am I gonna do with 6 more tank cars? Still, gotta get 'em.


Hmm... more sugar...?
Time to put Kiz's tank
car fleet on a diet...



Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »
0
Good grief.  But I swore I was done with boxcars....  Maybe one or two, a late RBOX and CN  :D

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26100
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11591
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
0
Keep in mind that if you "just need RBOX" cars, the Atlas trainman cars are accurate for RBOXes and won't break the bank. They now make up the bulk of my fleet. They're not quite as fine as the IM cars, but they do the job for me.

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »
0
I'm just trying to find a way to not start accumulating auto racks.  Too long for my radii and a train of those will bust me.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5867
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4864
Re: Intermountain October 2013
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
0
I'm just trying to find a way to not start accumulating auto racks.  Too long for my radii and a train of those will bust me.

Yeah, $40 a pop ?  No thanks.  Good thing for me I live along a line where intermodal and autoracks don't run.  Thank you Jacks Mountain tunnel.