Author Topic: NS SD70ACE's - Which Ones to Buy...  (Read 1073 times)

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +239
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
NS SD70ACE's - Which Ones to Buy...
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:58:45 PM »
I must say....  After the NS ES44AC's from FVM I am getting very, very tempted to say I'm just going to wait for his SD70ACE's....

I wish we could get Matt to do the C40-9W with high headlight..... 

3DTrains

• Crew
  • Respect: +7
    • 3DTrains
Re: NS SD70ACE's - Which Ones to Buy...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:40:03 AM »
I see "winter" for the Heritage sets - is there an ETA for the (low) nose light version, or are those to be released at the same time?

Cheers!
Marc - Riverside

wmcbride

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
Well, Matt posted the flyers for the SD70ACe's on his facebook page last night. MSRP of $130.

No mention, unless I missed it, of whether he is offering them as a ten-unit set like the GEVOs. Of course paying for ten would be hard but it is N scale where one "needs" a lot of one thing  :D and they are sharp paint schemes and SD70ACe's seem to exude a sense of brute power to me more than the GEVOs ...

Bill McBride
Bill McBride

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1140
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »
Nice to see these, but where are the SD-70 M-2 units?  These heritage schemes are fluff, give us the goods! :)

Smike

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »
Matt from FVM just posted this on his FB page:

Greetings from Atlanta, We are attending the National Train show this weekend, If you are in the area, stop by and say Hi. Since we are in Atlanta, we are showcasing the Norfolk Southern this month.

Greetings from Atlanta, We are attending the National Train show this weekend, If you are in the area, stop by and say Hi. Since we are in Atlanta, we are showcasing the Norfolk Southern this month.

NS Heritage SD70ACe locomotives - We have released part numbers earlier this year. Now we are happy to offer firm details along with all art work. We have modified the tooling for yet another version of this locomotive. The NS SD70ACe will have the proper antenna array on the cab roof, added grill to the inverter cabinet and rear ditch lights. Decoration will feature the same hi level of paint work as found on the GEVO series along with more warning labels than you can shake a stick at.

Speaking of GEVOs, the first run of Heritage GEVOs sold out quickly and we had orders for more. We have arranged to produce a limited quantity of all 10 schemes due to be complete this fall. If you missed out or need any additional units- please get your orders in now. Production is limited. Along with the Heritage Schemes, we are producing 3 additional numbers on the standard black NS Scheme. These will be a limited production item as well. Please get your orders in early as there will be less than 200 units per road number. We were able to tack them on to the Heritage re-run and do not expect them to last long.

The last two items are regular reservation items to be produced this fall. The first is a NS PS5344 Cuft boxcar in 4 road numbers, which is a new scheme for us on this car. The second items is a new run of NS RD-4 Coal hoppers. With all this NS power, you should have something to pull behind it. Two new 12 packs will be produced for 24 new numbers. Reservations are requested by Aug 30th for the SD70ACes and freight cars. The sooner the better on the GEVOs.

A Cancellation: We sadly must cancel one project we were working on. The V&O Wagontop boxcar in both HO & N scale will not be produced. Buried in the files from the V&O Historical Society was a memo discussing the purchase of used boxcars. While the road needed additional revenue equipment, the management couldn't justify giving money to a competitive road and they went another route. With this newly found data, we will honor the V&O tradition and not use a wagontop boxcar at this time. The modern V&O car and locos are still in the works, so no worries there. If we can find a suitable car in the future, we will certainly look at additional V&O cars.

Production News and Shipping Schedule: Production continues to move along - just never as fast as any of us would like. However, we are happy to report there are many items enroute, many about to leave in mere days, and a whole containers worth leaving in just over a month. With that news, we expect to follow the below shipping schedule the next several months:

Early Aug - HO AM and V&O modern boxcars, N Milw 50' Box (Olym & LRD), N Milw Caboose (1941 bult cars)
 Late Aug - N Milw 50' Box (DF car and Express Scheme), N Milw Caboose (1946 and 1951 built cars)
 Early Sep - N GP60M & B - Santa Fe Warbonnet
 Late Sep - N GP60M & B - BNSF Orange and Green
 Early Oct - N NS Heritage GEVO rerun
 Late Oct - HO & N Hiawatha locos and Cars
 Early Nov - HO & N Milw Express cars and Bunk Coaches, N Canstock Car (B&O)
 Late Nov - N Canstock (Chessie & CSX)
 Early Dec - HO & N Wagontop boxcars

That's all for this round. Thanks for your continued support and please let us know of any questions. Thank you. Now on to the show! Best regards, Matt

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5519
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »
I'm hoping Bachmann does them in N  :trollface: